What's new

NVRAM randomly resets (Reset to factory defaults)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Theriot

New Around Here
Hi, I'm running the latest build (384) on my T-Mobile branded AC68U. It works fine, but randomly resets itself to default (Wireless Asus and Asus_5G SSID's, first time launch wizard takes over).

Any idea how to begin troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advanced, I'm new to these forums so forgive me if there is any important information missing, I will gladly provide any further needed info/context.

I had similar issues with this years ago, and then decided to re-flash and try again with it about a week ago after finally upgrading my ATT Modem/Router/AP to a pfSense firewall, meaning I now needed a separate device to use as a WAP.

I started by flashing the latest default Asus firmware, which seemed to work, but the Merlin logo was still there in the web interface. I figured that was just an artifact, but the version number said 384 so I figured I had simply flashed the wrong file and upgraded Merlin instead of flashing stock, which was my end goal anyway (though flashing to stock first would be a good idea before flashing the latest Merlin).

Anyway now I'm not so sure but it was working great for about a week and a half until today. Most unfortunately, I was also using it as a switch so now I can't access my network remotely until I get home from work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!