What's new

Odd Network Map Behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WMConey

Regular Contributor
I just got my new AC-86u and installed 384.4 beta on it. Then went through and tried to recreate the settings on the AC-68u it replaced. I set the 2.4G to 40MHz and the 5G to 80 (I’m in a rural area about 1/2 mile from my nearest neighbor). After setup, I noticed that my client list had dropped down to 23 from 30 and the same devices were also missing from DHCP setup. All were 2.4G devices - mostly security cams and smart switches. Oddly, they all worked fine on the network despite not showing up. A couple of the devices had new IP addresses, so clearly they had renegotiated this with the router.

After two days (new leases) and still finding them invisible to the router, I set the 2.4G band to 20/40 and 5G to 20/40/80. My missing seven devices showed up immediately both on the client list and the DHCP setup page.