What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can help to clarify roaming issue by feedback feature.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

I will post the feedback once I get home. Will sending the feedback from the main router include the diagnostic functions from the nodes as well?

I don't have roaming assistant activated and Android phones and tablets and my Debian laptop roam super nice and fast between router and node.

Was roaming assist disabled by default? Mine is enabled by default.

I didn't reset my 68U so I can't tell what's the default in this firmware. Also I can't remember disabling it, but my router has the same configuration for some years now (only the wireless channels changed every now and then)

I will post the feedback once I get home. Will sending the feedback from the main router include the diagnostic functions from the nodes as well?

Was roaming assist disabled by default? Mine is enabled by default.
Roaming default enabled

here we go, wish me lucky

2dg9Tuv.jpg

:rolleyes::D:D

here we go, wish me lucky
:rolleyes::D:D

Well ... don't keep us all in suspense! :)
Looks like you've got 4 units including a rare albino one, what IS that?
What are models exactly and how did your AiMesh go?

StephenH

Well ... don't keep us all in suspense! :)
Looks like you've got 4 units including a rare albino one, what IS that?
What are models exactly and how did your AiMesh go?

StephenH

Well, I am using two AC68U and one AC68R with another AC68W, I did the setup and was a little confuse to set using the wire connection so I did using wps and wifi, the two nodes are working fine, but here are some problems:

If you try to set up and save any MAC or IP in DHCP / Lan Tab, the main router will stay out of signal and the nodes stop to work, I had to reset the nodes and the main router just because I saved one DHCP IP to test it

AI protection is working fine, even the alert is working for me on gmail
I wish I could use the DNS filter like in Merlim FW because I have guests at home and kids / adults with no knowledge about IT, so the parent filter will not help me a lot since I've been using the Norton Safe DNS level 3

The Qos is working good, no problem at all, I noticed that in the first setup my Qos finally show the speed till 1gb, right now is only to 200MB like before, I dont know how to change it, any idea? I have a 400 / 200 ISP Speed

My IPV6 is disabled, my ISP doesnt work very well with this feature enabled

The DNS is auto, the wifi log and traffic analizer is working but since I dont saved any DHCP ips the names are crazy and hard to define which one

I will not try to add the 3rd node because I have the merlim saved on it with all my configuration to switch if the AImesh stop to work, I simple just unplug the main AIMeSH and plug the Merlim to save the wifi/wire connection, the only problem is that I will need to reset the first and second node to factory FW and set it again as an ap router like were before the aimesh setup

I will try to use this entire week and see whats happen, with almost 60 devices / 20 on wifi I hope everything stay safe

I am a little worried about the RAM volume that came from 60MB to 130MB right now with the AIMESH setting against Merlim FW

Also, the ASUS app on android is not working anymore and IFTTT isant available too

Last edited:
Well I hope someone can shed some light on my configuration issue...

I have 3 - AC68U all flashed with 9.0.0.4.382_18489-gd8cc2aa and NVRAM reset.

I have tried multiple times connecting 2 of the units as nodes in an aimesh network. I tried resetting the main node to defaults and then adding the other 2 nodes. No dice. The main router will not find either of the other units.

I've also completely configured the main router (changed LAN IP, dhcp scope, Port forwarding, etc.) and then tried to add the other 2 units and still no dice.

I also tried directly connecting to the node units and selecting 'Aimesh Node' and then clicking 'search' back on the Aimesh Router but it still doesn't see any nodes.

I'm a tad frustrated that the main node does not seem to see the other units at all.

I've seen a few posts that suggest the main node be configured in AP mode?? That kind of defeats the purpose of using the main node as the ISP connected router, doesn't it? I need the main mesh router to work in router mode NOT AP mode.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Avaholic

Well I hope someone can shed some light on my configuration issue...

I also tried directly connecting to the node units and selecting 'Aimesh Node' and then clicking 'search' back on the Aimesh Router but it still doesn't see any nodes.

I'm a tad frustrated that the main node does not seem to see the other units at all.

I've seen a few posts that suggest the main node be configured in AP mode?? That kind of defeats the purpose of using the main node as the ISP connected router, doesn't it? I need the main mesh router to work in router mode NOT AP mode.

Hi avaholic,
Please try to reset node to default by push button. AiMesh is working on Router and AP mode.

Is this information private or something? It may be helpful to have it shared in the thread here, rather than communicated from the Feedback feature.

Regarding the issue, i need more information send by feedback.

Well, I am using two AC68U and one AC68R with another AC68W, I did the setup and was a little confuse to set using the wire connection so I did using wps and wifi, the two nodes are working fine, but here are some problems:

If you try to set up and save any MAC or IP in DHCP / Lan Tab, the main router will stay out of signal and the nodes stop to work, I had to reset the nodes and the main router just because I saved one DHCP IP to test it

Also, the ASUS app on android is not working anymore and IFTTT isant available too

According to you said "I did using wps and wifi, the two nodes are working fine", are you follow add AiMesh node procedure to add your two AC68X ?

According to you said "I did using wps and wifi, the two nodes are working fine", are you follow add AiMesh node procedure to add your two AC68X ?

Yes, and after that procedure I switchend between wifi to wired since I have wires comming from the main router to wan of ap1 and ap2 and ap3

Successful setup 3 AC68U, 1 AP, 2node, my question is the "professional" wifi setting such as wifi power level is working across all node or just the AP/router? I suggest these advance setting shall be able config individually for each node, for example I want the node in living room in full power but lowest power for node in bedroom

Hi avaholic,
Please try to reset node to default by push button. AiMesh is working on Router and AP mode.
Hello Arthur. I'm not sure what you mean.

Not only have I reset all 3 devices to defaults with the reset button, I have also cleared NVRAM using the WPS button. I don't think they can be any more default than they already are. I didn't understand your response regarding AP vs Router mode. Did you mean that main node CAN function in Router mode? If so, is there something special that needs to be done first? Like connecting all nodes via AP mode first, etc? And then changing the main node to Router mode?

Thanks!

Hello Arthur. I'm not sure what you mean.

Not only have I reset all 3 devices to defaults with the reset button, I have also cleared NVRAM using the WPS button. I don't think they can be any more default than they already are. I didn't understand your response regarding AP vs Router mode. Did you mean that main node CAN function in Router mode? If so, is there something special that needs to be done first? Like connecting all nodes via AP mode first, etc? And then changing the main node to Router mode?

Thanks!
The main node can operate in router and AP mode. The second node MUST reset default first.

Last edited:
Successful setup 3 AC68U, 1 AP, 2node, my question is the "professional" wifi setting such as wifi power level is working across all node or just the AP/router? I suggest these advance setting shall be able config individually for each node, for example I want the node in living room in full power but lowest power for node in bedroom
Think about the coverage in each node(Main and node), if you increase power in main, decreased power in Node, the Node maybe will not to reach/connect to Main.

The main node can operate in router and AP mode. The second node MUST reset default first.

Ok. I understand that. As I've said, ALL 3 nodes were set to defaults before I even started the process. I connected one as the main Aimesh Router and configured its WiFi settings. I then connected to the 2nd node and chose 'Aimesh Node' in its gui setup. I returned to the main router gui and chose 'search' under aimesh and it still did not find any node.

To clarify, I have tried using a reset router and keeping all defaults and only configuring the WiFi settings. I have ALSO tried setting the main router up to the correct settings within my network. (LAN ip, Admin password, DHCP scope, DNS, etc.) I use a 10.x.x.x address scheme on my internal LAN. Neither of these methods were able to see the node units.

I've even gone as far as resetting ALL devices and then using a different unit as the main router and it made no difference.

Attachments

• Main node searching.JPG
    Main node searching.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 608
  • 2nd node gui.JPG
    2nd node gui.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Think about the coverage in each node(Main and node), if you increase power in main, decreased power in Node, the Node maybe will not to reach/connect to Main.

That's accurate if connection between router and node is wireless.
But if it's wired, it totally makes sense.
I, for example, don't need to cover a wide area with node, a bedroom and a terrace and I don't need a full power to the node. But I do need full power on the router, and I cannot compensate one with another due to walls and physics ;-)

Ok. I understand that. As I've said, ALL 3 nodes were set to defaults before I even started the process. I connected one as the main Aimesh Router and configured its WiFi settings. I then connected to the 2nd node and chose 'Aimesh Node' in its gui setup. I returned to the main router gui and chose 'search' under aimesh and it still did not find any node.
You don't need to connect to Second node, Just search in main webui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!