What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flashed from 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and this was on my primary router. I wasn't able to access the gui after flashing or after a factory reset.

Hi slyderz,
We are fixing this issue now and will provide the new f/w for you later.

Kindly Regards,

Arthur

Yes, I reset it several times. I even tried setting a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 on my laptop hardwired to the AC68p and it still won't connect to the GUI. It appears to broadcast the default Asus and Asus 5g SSID's and when I connect to one of them with my laptop I still cannot access the GUI.
If the router's IP is 192.168.50.1, set your laptop 192.168.50.10 maybe?

This is really good news. We use several setups with a Asus router and usually RT-AC68 as APs - So we really welcome this.
However one of the biggest problems with using Asus instead of a system like Unifi is that guest networks are not working on the APs without VLAN support. It is a serious limitation.

It seems that "normal" mesh systems do support proper guest network isolation but is this the case here?

We would really like to keep using Asus (have tried Unifi and was not impressed) but we really need a feature like this and VLAN support in AP's. Without proper guest network isolation Asus is not even a contender for many small business scenarios.

Yes, I reset it several times. I even tried setting a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 on my laptop hardwired to the AC68p and it still won't connect to the GUI. It appears to broadcast the default Asus and Asus 5g SSID's and when I connect to one of them with my laptop I still cannot access the GUI.
Hi,

new update version is updated, please refer to this : (Please use rescue tool to update)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByEpTc0fDkeqLU9fbUlCSGhhaEU

Thanks.

Thanks for fixing the GUI. I noticed when setting up it wanted to enable smart connect is that something new for the ac68p? I didn't see any settings for it in the GUI.

The network map said to check my internet connection which was working fine. I enabled ipv6 and that didn't want to work. It works on the previous firmware.

I did do a factory reset after loading it.

It seems to be working fine other than those issues.

I am now able to access the GUI, Thank-you. I apologize for being rude before, the previous version took down my access point and I was frustrated. Will a beta version be available for the 88u in the near future so I can test the AMAS feature?
Hi,

We are still working on 88u, will be provided later.

I have 3 asus ac68u at home and I´m little afraid to test it, but let´s see how it works.

I hope it doesnt screw up all the network / almost 60 devices logged in and working at full 400 / 200 ISP speed.

I have 3 asus ac68u at home and I´m little afraid to test it, but let´s see how it works.

I hope it doesnt screw up all the network / almost 60 devices logged in and working at full 400 / 200 ISP speed.

Just to be safe, create a backup of the settings of all your routers before flashing it. If you run into any problem, flash back the firmware you are currently using, and then restore your saved configuration.

AMAS (Temporarily name) is ASUS Multiple Access-Point System, the core feature is to combine ASUS powerful routers to form a whole home coverage WiFi system with centralized control.

Total Game Changer , prob well overdue but well done asus for such a brave and forward looking idea , will be interesting to see how this pans out

now to find another rt-ac68u so i can have a play

pete

WOW! This is a huge game changer and I applaud Asus for it! I was thinking on buying a mesh system but with this I can probably reuse most of the devices I already own.

Currently I have two houses with a mix of Asus devices and I wanted to know which ones are going to be supported (I will buy new devices to replace the unsupported devices):
3xRT-AC68U -> already in beta
2xRT-AC1200G+ -> a very popular device due to its price
2xRT-N66U -> also very popular some years ago
1xDSL-N55U -> I suspect I must replace this one
1xEA-N66 -> I doubt this one will be supported

Will AMAS also support routers connected via Media Bridge?

Not exactly. From the vague description it seems to be a mesh system to allow transparent roaming between AP's and centralized settings management. Media bridge type connection is not guaranteed to be supported.
But what I really wanted to know is if at least the RT-AC1200G+ will be supported by AMAS.

But what I really wanted to know is if at least the RT-AC1200G+ will be supported by AMAS.

from the PDF

2. What models are going to be supported?
RT-AC68U, RT-AC1900P, RT-AC86U will be supported first, and we are planning to
support GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200 in near future.
Later, RT-AC87U, RT-AC66U series, RT-AC1750, BlueCave, Lyra and DSL-AC68U will join
this family as well.

Notice: For RT-AC87U, early version RT-AC66U (A1), RT-AC3200 will be limited support
with some functions due to chipset vendor limitation.
If you want to be early an adopter of up-coming model, please contact us.

so you out of luck with the 1200g

Media bridge type connection is not guaranteed to be supported.

media bridge is just the backbone connection , so yes any device connect to this system can have ethernet devices connected to the second or third and it would work as a media bridge

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't aware of the pdf on the google drive.

This really is a bummer since it increases the cost a bit to adquire so many new devices :\

im guessing you could still use the ea-n66 and ac1200G as media bridges connecting back to the main router they just wouldnt be part of the AMAS mesh system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!