What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the pdf:

2. What models are going to be supported?

RT-AC68U, RT-AC1900P, RT-AC86U will be supported first, and we are planning to
support GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200 in near future.

Later, RT-AC87U, RT-AC66U series, RT-AC1750, BlueCave, Lyra and DSL-AC68U will join
this family as well.

Notice: For RT-AC87U, early version RT-AC66U (A1), RT-AC3200 will be limited support
with some functions due to chipset vendor limitation.

3. Should I choose Lyra or AMAS?

If you are already ASUS router customer, AMAS will be the best choice, if you are new
adopter to ASUS, and want to have a life-style WiFi system with easy app control, Lyra
might fit.

4. Will AMAS work with Lyra?

It will be supported later.

Last edited:
Will I be able to integrate my AC68-U in to my Lyra network or vice versa?

from reading the pdf its not obvious how the link would be made or if the router could use the dedicated backhaul of the lyra or if it would connect to its fronthaul but its def able to be incorporated , i guess we will find out more as the beta test progresses

Very impressive. I love Asus.

I have the AC88U but run the Merlin firmware. Maybe overtime this will make its way in. My other router is the N66U. Any chance of that getting support? If not, time to pick up an AC68U or something (I returned my T-Mobile one to get it off my TMO account).

hi wilson

just updated my rt-ac68u to the new fw and everything went well , not sure why the tab icons where changed , looks a bit gimmicky compared to the slightly bigger old icons, im mean do we really need a wall and some fire to indicate its a firewall tab ?

Capture.PNG

also noticed that the new AIprotect set is incorporated in this firmware , so has the same new aiprotect as the lyra and brt-ac828 have , im assuming this will be updating to all the ac routers

Capture2.PNG

also in administration / save / restore

whats the repeater 5 ghz button , as when you click it or the normal they save as the same name

turned on aiprotect and the trend micro agreement came up but for some reason its stuck at the top of the page and i cant get to the top of it , im using the latest firefox btw

can we also get the dam WPS turned of by default ( its a bug bear of mine ) , no need for it to be on unless required

the gui feels a little slow in places esp around the usb type tabs , might just be i havent used the rt-ac68u in a while

havnt found any glitches in the gui and otherwise the rt-ac68u is working as expected with the latest fw installed , now just waiting on another rt-ac68u so i can test the main AMAS part of this

pete

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried upgrading the new AMAS firmware but to no avail. I uploaded the .trx file, the progress of updating says complete but I still see old firmware after reboot. Do I need to reset first? I am updating the main router first. This router is on firmware 3.0.0.04.374_379.

Ok It is updated now. I had to upgrade to latest asus firmware before I could update to amas firmware.

While adding 2nd node, it got stuck at 95% and then failed. Now main router is not able to detect the 2nd node anymore despite rebooting both routers.

I did a factory reset on the 2nd node and successfully aded 2nd node to main router AMAS.

So I believe I missed 1 step, which is to factory reset AFTER firmware update and reboot.

hi wilson

just updated my rt-ac68u to the new fw and everything went well , not sure why the tab icons where changed , looks a bit gimmicky compared to the slightly bigger old icons, im mean do we really need a wall and some fire to indicate its a firewall tab ?

View attachment 10246

also noticed that the new AIprotect set is incorporated in this firmware , so has the same new aiprotect as the lyra and brt-ac828 have , im assuming this will be updating to all the ac routers

View attachment 10247

also in administration / save / restore

whats the repeater 5 ghz button , as when you click it or the normal they save as the same name

turned on aiprotect and the trend micro agreement came up but for some reason its stuck at the top of the page and i cant get to the top of it , im using the latest firefox btw

can we also get the dam WPS turned of by default ( its a bug bear of mine ) , no need for it to be on unless required

the gui feels a little slow in places esp around the usb type tabs , might just be i havent used the rt-ac68u in a while

havnt found any glitches in the gui and otherwise the rt-ac68u is working as expected with the latest fw installed , now just waiting on another rt-ac68u so i can test the main AMAS part of this

pete

Hi Pete,

yes, for 382 release, we will release lots of new creates features, includes GUI modify, and new AiProtection. For now are still focusing AMAS interaction.

Very impressive. I love Asus.

I have the AC88U but run the Merlin firmware. Maybe overtime this will make its way in. My other router is the N66U. Any chance of that getting support? If not, time to pick up an AC68U or something (I returned my T-Mobile one to get it off my TMO account).

Hi Sir,

ac88u will be supported later, we now focus on 86 and 68, it will be great to get a new 68 or 86, cuz eventually they could work together.

Tks.

The updated icons look a bit more modern and more polished (less blocky). Since I've switched to them in my firmware, the user's feedback has been positive regarding them.

That's a matter of taste but honestly I don't like the gradient shape color. Imho they would look much better with a flat solid color since gradient in icons is a bit old-fashioned.

But alas! This is the AMAS thread and not a design feedback thread ;)

I ordered a second RT-AC68U (that is on sale on some European amazons) to my house to replace a RT-AC1200G+ to test if this works as I want. If it does I should order 3 more to replace old asus routers at my parents house since it's confusing for them to switch manually between 6 different networks.

Initially I had great success. I had two RT-AC68U combined connected with ethernet cable with each router placed at opposite sides of the house.

To experiment the AP switch I started downloading a 8GB file from my NAS to my phone. Near the 1st router it was 30MB/s and it started getting slower to 5-6MB/s as I moved away. When I was half way to the second router it started to get faster without any disconnection which means it worked as intended.

Then everything went to crap when I changed the location name of the second router on the first router. It simply stopped responding.
I cleared the second router settings, deleted the device from the primary router and redid the pairing process. It worked ok when near the first router over wifi but after moving it to the other side of the house and connected it with ethernet cable it only works for about 30s before it stops responding again.

I tried reseting the second router and delete the device from the first router and do the pairing process again. Same result. It works over wifi but if I connect the cable it stops responding after a few seconds.

Initially I had great success. I had two RT-AC68U combined connected with ethernet cable with each router placed at opposite sides of the house.

To experiment the AP switch I started downloading a 8GB file from my NAS to my phone. Near the 1st router it was 30MB/s and it started getting slower to 5-6MB/s as I moved away. When I was half way to the second router it started to get faster without any disconnection which means it worked as intended.

Then everything went to crap when I changed the location name of the second router on the first router. It simply stopped responding.
I cleared the second router settings, deleted the device from the primary router and redid the pairing process. It worked ok when near the first router over wifi but after moving it to the other side of the house and connected it with ethernet cable it only works for about 30s before it stops responding again.

I tried reseting the second router and delete the device from the first router and do the pairing process again. Same result. It works over wifi but if I connect the cable it stops responding after a few seconds.

I'm trying to get two RT-AC68U routers connected through AMAS, but have not been able to do so. I updated both routers and hard reset (holding WPS and then turning on power until it flashes, then letting go of WPS). I configured the primary router and tried searching for the secondary AMAS router, but it can not find the other router. I followed the PDF instructions and I have the secondary router sitting next to the primary.

I've tried reflashing, hard resetting, and switching the primary and secondary routers, but no matter what I do, they don't detect a secondary AMAS router. What am I missing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!