What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect not all settings are going to the node after it's added. Changing SSID does propagate but...
I setup my node and only after that I enabled ssh on router. But I'm still not able to ssh on the node. Worth forgetting the node and readd it. I didn't try that yet, but maybe it will help your 2.4G issue.
The delete/readd brings up another issue since I have to go physically get the ainode after I forget it and bring close to the airouter to get it to re-pair. It would be MUCH nicer to be able to pair over the local ethernet network to make changes on the ainode easier.

The delete/readd brings up another issue since I have to go physically get the ainode after I forget it and bring close to the airouter to get it to re-pair. It would be MUCH nicer to be able to pair over the local ethernet network to make changes on the ainode easier.
Totally agree on this, may be using a random temp pin to pair in these case, like the WPS setup

Also totally agree on this. There needs to be better/alternate ways to pair the Nodes into AIMesh without the need to have the Nodes physically close and on wireless. @arthurlien and @Wilson_Deng can you comment on this?

For example, I “hide” 3 of my 4 current old “N” APs behind backs of furniture, undersides of desks etc. Once I replace these with the AIMesh AC68U units, for me to then unplug them and re-gather them to a central place if I ever needed to redo the AIMesh pairing would be non-trivial and pretty impractical. Ability for pairing to take place with units in situ and connected on wired backhaul would be a very desirable enhancement.

StephenH

Last edited:
Once I replace these with the AIMesh units when I roll it out, for me to unplug them and regather them to a central place if I ever needed to re-pair them to AIMesh would be non-trivial and pretty impractical. Ability
Would it be easier to move the router closer to node for pairing? Might be an easier solve for now.

Would it be easier to move the router closer to node for pairing? Might be an easier solve for now.
In my case the AIMesh “Router” will be an AP and it will be thus tucked away itself ... :eek:

StephenH

StephehH, when you updated to the latest firmware, did you "unlink" the nodes first? Did you reset / clear NVRAM from any of the routers that you were updating?

I have two RT-AC68U's. One AP and one node, bot with latest firmware.

After a while the node goes offline in the webinterface and app, but still works.

I cannot se the clients that are connected.

Is this a bug og is it a problem with my setup?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Information Updated.
1. Firmware don't need to erase NVRAM, remove Node.

2. The use case in Add new AiMesh Node
Case 1 : AiMesh Router <----> New AiMesh Node
Case 2 : AiMesh Router <----> AiMesh Node <-----> New AiMesh Node

3. No plan for Wired Pairing currently.

4. RT-AC5300 throughput drop in AiProtection enabled and pppoe issue, it's investigating.

5. Telnet supported to sync to AiMesh Node. you can use it.

Is there any plan to support RT-AC3200? I have one sitting here doing nothing. Would love to install aimesh on it and test/play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the new beta version Asus!

Unfortunately, the time zone on my device is still continuously changing. I'll set it to Central standard (-6 gmt) and the time will be correct. Not even an hour later, I look back on the administration tab and the time zone is back to Guadalajara, Mexico City (-6 GMT) and the time is wrong. Both of those zones are -6 GMT, why is it changing the actual time?

I just reset it back to Central Time Zone and the time is correct again, ie. Fri, Dec 15 20:57:39 2017. I'll update this post when it changes back...

I just confirm with you, you mean you are not locate in Guadalajara, Mexico City and the router is setting back to Guadalajara, Mexico City automatically. is't correct ?

Hi @arthurlien I noticed when connecting Node via Ethernet to my PC I was able to access full router UI. Would it be problematic to make changes in the Node UI? I assumed access would be blocked.

GT-AC5300: I can not set the correct time on the administration page. I'm from Italy.

GT-AC5300: I can not set the correct time on the administration page. I'm from Italy.

There's a bad default setting in Administration->System.
"DST time zone changes ends" is 1st month instead of 10th month. Fix that by choosing 10 and time will fix few seconds later.

StephehH, when you updated to the latest firmware, did you "unlink" the nodes first? Did you reset / clear NVRAM from any of the routers that you were updating?

No and No ...

StephenH

Sounds like you love a challenge ;)

Not really, but my partner likes a minimal amount of cables and ugly plastic boxes around the place and for the most part I agree with that aesthetic except when it absolutely can’t be avoided, which is when we tend to have the odd disagreement :). The currently in service old APs are hidden and that will certainly be my aim when the AIMesh boxes go in to replace them, at least as a starting point.

StephenH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!