What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StephenH, I will disable guest network and report back - but everything was fine in the Nov firmware.

@arthurlien, I will send you the feedback. Thanks,

So I disabled the guest network and rebooted. The 2.4 GHz network came back. So far so good.

Previously, after a day or so of stable running, the node was losing connections with the clients intermittently (on 5 GHz). Will report back on what it does now that the guest network is disabled.

On the Dec firmware, I've had to reboot my main router several times because the web GUI stopped functioning. I've been logging in everyday to look at the time sync issue and the system logs. Whats odd is that when this happens I still have connectivity on the network and devices are still able to access the internet. Its just that the Asus web GUI doesn't work.

Although I agree with hot sauce that my devices seem to switch back and forth between my main router and 2 nodes. Its like they can't properly choose between the 3 aimesh devices. Note that this happens even with devices that aren't mobile, ie, an HDTV and a google home device that lives in the kitchen and never moves. Not sure why these 2 devices would ever switch since there is mesh point providing WiFi coverage right next to the TV...

I have a similar issue. For example, I am using a 66U as a media bridge in a fixed location. It will see the node closest to it but will connect to it only intermittently. Instead it will connect to the Master, even though the signal is weaker.

Your issue of "fixed position" wireless clients that are very close to one AIMesh Node still seemingly "ping-ponging" between more distant Nodes seems more than a bit of a worry!

Would like @arthurlien to respond with his thoughts on this.

StephenH

Yup, I have the same issue too, except that my fixed location client seems to like the distant location Master better most of the time.

Yup, I have the same issue too, except that my fixed location client seems to like the distant location Master better most of the time.

Send Feedback with system log and wifi log, take a mark as your nickname in description.

just wondering anyone feel the speed on this new patch is slower? although disconnection is also lesser

Just for your information.

I am currently set up with one AC5300 in AP/aimesh mode, and a AC88U as node. (latest fw released 16/12)
Yesterday, network dropped all clients with authentication error.

Restarted the node and AP. AP came up with all Aimesh options gone. Gone from the operations page. As if it went back to a previous firmware.
But firmware was the same. Had to restart the AP again, then all Aimesh options were back.

The node however, had to be re-paired with the AP.
Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, great work on this, giving new life to our asus'es!

yes. internet speed.. i did read someone else posted about speed slow down too but after router reboot looks ok again but i tried it still slow even i did a reboot on the router

Have you use pppoe/AiProtection ? or you can send feedback for me.

Just for your information.

I am currently set up with one AC5300 in AP/aimesh mode, and a AC88U as node. (latest fw released 16/12)
Yesterday, network dropped all clients with authentication error.

Restarted the node and AP. AP came up with all Aimesh options gone. Gone from the operations page. As if it went back to a previous firmware.
But firmware was the same. Had to restart the AP again, then all Aimesh options were back.

The node however, had to be re-paired with the AP.
Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, great work on this, giving new life to our asus'es!

Could you send the feedback with system log, wifi log by Feedback function ? Take your nick name for me.

Guys just a question

as this is a beta FW and the latest GtAC5300 at asus website is buggy as hell can i use this beta one for GT just updating the FW without a reset?

I have a 68u coming in the mail in a couple days. Currently have my gt AC3000 set up as router in the aimesh firmware not ap router. Should I change that to ap router and then make my 68u a node? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

@wsarahan in theory yes.
If you encounter problems you should do a reset.
I'm using mine since the day Asus published this firmware for GT-AC5300 and I only have cosmetic problems. But I'm not using any advanced features; basic router with port forwarding, WiFi with Smart Connect and AiMesh. Not even upnp or QoS (enabled it for few minutes, found some logs with error in the configuration files and turned off)

@wsarahan in theory yes.
If you encounter problems you should do a reset.
I'm using mine since the day Asus published this firmware for GT-AC5300 and I only have cosmetic problems. But I'm not using any advanced features; basic router with port forwarding, WiFi with Smart Connect and AiMesh. Not even upnp or QoS (enabled it for few minutes, found some logs with error in the configuration files and turned off)

Thanks, i`ll try it today

I have a 68u coming in the mail in a couple days. Currently have my gt AC3000 set up as router in the aimesh firmware not ap router. Should I change that to ap router and then make my 68u a node? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
What AP router are you talking about?
You can set it as router and you can add a node to it as part of AiMesh.
Or you can set it as AP and you can add a node. But that mode implies you have a different router connected to ISP, that does NAT for you.

Did everyone with issues factory reset and not use back up settings when upgrading from 380 to 382 firmware?
Yes, the first thing i tried for the pppoe slow internet with aiprotection enabled.
No difference, only in ram usage, before factory reset 190-210 and after reset around 160.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!