What's new

[Official] RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

forgatten2

New Around Here
ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_Download/

Security Improvement
- Fixed User-Agent buffer overflow. Special thanks for Hubert's contribution.
- Fixed null ptr dereference in https issue. Special thanks for Anthony's contribution
- Fixed buffer overflow issues.
- Modified brute-force protection mechanism in router login page.
- Fixed malicious site block related issues.

New Feature
-Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage route status and client devices and more.
Search ASUS Router in google play or go the following URL
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome
iOS app coming soon.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed httpd crash issue. Special thanks for Merlin's contribution.
- Fixed blank web page when clients number over 100.
- Fixed Network map client list related issues.
- Fixed firmware login issue when connect to router by OpenVPN.
- Add reboot scheduler in Administration --> System
- Fixed warning page showing issue when only enable the HTTPS authentication.
- Fixed the slow UI issue when enabled Bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed repeated mDNSNetMonitor message in system log when there is a Apple TV in LAN.
- Fixed IPv6 firewall UI issue.
- Avoided Traffic analyser using too many flash size.
- Fixed UI issue when enable monopoly mode in printer setting.

3rd party app supported
Added Cloudcheck router software agent. Cloudcheck agent enables intelligent wifi diagnostics that provides complete visibility into home network performance and offers actionable recommendations for improvements.

To use this new functionality,
1) Download Cloudcheck app from Apple or Google App stores,
2) Make sure ASUS router is connected to Internet,
3) Launch the Cloudcheck app, go to “Smartifi” option in the main menu.
The app will automatically detect the router and activate the service after getting your consent.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC5300/FW_RT_AC3200_30043789313.zip

Thanks. I got 2 questions:

1) Does this require an NVRAM reset if coming from 9135?
2) Does this fix the ever increasing size of /tmp/mDNSNetMonitor.log?

Tim

excellent! was worth the wait with the new router app I guess!
Asus read my mind - I was searching for a mobile app for the router the other week too! :)

Now heres hoping this release is actually stable - will flash tonight.

well thats just great. Looks like this version is just as buggy as the last if not worse.
Can't get into the admin console - just get a blank page, even after a hard reset :(

You could have at least fixed the basics Asus!

It's a bug in networkmap, where device names end up with too long names. When the httpd server tries to build the client list to show you the first page, it crashes on that long name which does not fit in the 16 characters buffer it's trying to use for it.

Work around was to remove my 2 x hikvision IP cameras from the network - reboot router, all fired up ok.
I then plugged in each camera one by one whilst the admin console was open- could see the name for them was waaaaay too long (and corrupted - it was overwriting itself) and renamed each of them to something simple.

Back to working fine again - for now......

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG IN NETWORKMAP!

EDIT: NVM! - Still not working - back to blank page - least I've proved is the networkmap names being too long.

well thats just great. Looks like this version is just as buggy as the last if not worse.
Can't get into the admin console - just get a blank page, even after a hard reset :(

You could have at least fixed the basics Asus!

Clear you web browser history and that should fix it.

see attached.
Work around was to disconnect the cameras, configure the router (worked fine), then reconnect the cameras at the end - this allows the router to work, just the blank page.

Thank God the app still works lol, i've managed to rename the cameras from the app and now the admin console is accessible again (for now).

Defo a prob with network map.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-09-17-10-18.PNG
    Screenshot_2015-11-09-17-10-18.PNG
    304.5 KB · Views: 654
  • Screenshot_2015-11-09-17-10-30.PNG
    Screenshot_2015-11-09-17-10-30.PNG
    204.8 KB · Views: 619
Thanks. I got 2 questions:

1) Does this require an NVRAM reset if coming from 9135?
2) Does this fix the ever increasing size of /tmp/mDNSNetMonitor.log?

Tim

Hello Tim,
1) That would be better.
2) Yes, it was fixed.

Thank you.

see attached.
Work around was to disconnect the cameras, configure the router (worked fine), then reconnect the cameras at the end - this allows the router to work, just the blank page.

Thank God the app still works lol, i've managed to rename the cameras from the app and now the admin console is accessible again (for now).

Defo a prob with network map.

Hi zoomee,
We'll look into this. Thanks.

Hi zoomee,
We'll look into this. Thanks.

Thanks, unfortunately its gone back to me not being able to access the admin console again last night. The app still works fine though and the rest of the router functionality, just a blank page when I try to login (and yes, I've tried clearing browser cache etc).

This issue was also prevalent in the previous official firmware revision - RMerlin however managed to fix it in his 378_56. Official firmware version 378.7838 works fine so this bug has only been introduced since 378.9135.

Must admit I do like the app though!- well done on that front chaps :)

Thanks, unfortunately its gone back to me not being able to access the admin console again last night. The app still works fine though and the rest of the router functionality, just a blank page when I try to login (and yes, I've tried clearing browser cache etc).

This issue was also prevalent in the previous official firmware revision - RMerlin however managed to fix it in his 378_56. Official firmware version 378.7838 works fine so this bug has only been introduced since 378.9135.

Must admit I do like the app though!- well done on that front chaps :)

Seems like the fix Asus applied for the crashing httpd might be incomplete, since it was mentionned in the 9313 changelog.

Hello Tim,
1) That would be better.
2) Yes, it was fixed.

Thank you.

Ok thanks.

Did a reset and manually re-entered all the settings.
No problems so far, nice and stable. Android phone app works ok aswell.

Last edited:
I have found that the PPTP VPN server stopped working after Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135 (worked fine in 3.0.0.4.378.7838) i get this error when trying to connect with the same connection that was working before:
Nov 10 20:24:14 pptp[6177]: pppd 2.4.7 started by manager, uid 0
Nov 10 20:24:14 pptp[6177]: Connect: ppp10 <--> pptp (189.179.xxx.xxx)
Nov 10 20:24:44 pptp[6177]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Nov 10 20:24:44 pptp[6177]: Connection terminated.
Nov 10 20:24:44 pptp[6177]: Modem hangup

Hi. Where can enable ASSIA agent ?!?

Thank you for your interest in Cloudcheck.

We are currently in the process of putting together an FAQ for Smartifi features and functions, and apologize for the inconvenience until then.

In order to enable ASSIA agent, you need a compatible router and the Cloudcheck app. The cloudcheck app will tell you whether your router is compatible at first use. You can test drive the functionality by downloading the apps from the Google Play and IOS stores.

Cloudcheck app first asks for your consent to do Diagnostics on your router. Once we receive your consent through the app, the ASSIA agent is enabled. We monitor low level network performance parameters, and don't see the contents of your IP traffic. We also provide an easy way to discontinue service, disable the agent and data collection through the cloudcheck app.

Cloudcheck is a consumer-facing brand of ASSIA Inc., a respected broadband management solutions provider to major telecommunications carriers across the world. The company was founded in 2003 by Dr. John Cioffi, renowned expert in broadband technology and professor emeritus of electrical engineering at Stanford University. For more information about ASSIA please visit http://www.assia-inc.com/.

Can you plug-in a DVR from Directv for example and get the same functionality?

Cloudcheck monitors any wirelessly enabled device connected to the WiFi router containing ASSIA Cloudcheck agent. While we haven't tested the service with a DirectTV HDR, the same principle applies. We'd be happy to investigate your particular connection issue if you could share the particular set up details and wireless DVR/kit model with us.

If we haven't answered your specific question here, we'd be delighted to be in touch with you and answer your questions directly. Please complete our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Cloudcheck monitors any wirelessly enabled device connected to the WiFi router containing ASSIA Cloudcheck agent. While we haven't tested the service with a DirectTV HDR, the same principle applies. We'd be happy to investigate your particular connection issue if you could share the particular set up details and wireless DVR/kit model with us.

If we haven't answered your specific question here, we'd be delighted to be in touch with you and answer your questions directly. Please complete our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Questions asked on a public forum should be answered there for the benefit of future visitors curious about this 'product' too.

Please answer all questions as asked here. Ty.

I have two RT-AC3200 running this firmware (one original device, one I've got as a replacement) currently. Both are showing strange issue in the WebUI. WhenI configure them from factory default everything is fine for a few hours. After a few hours I'm dropped back to the login page from time to time. My impression is the longer the device is running the shorter these intervals become until I'm immediately logged out after logging in. This 'return to login page' especially happens when I try to change settings. It happens if I press the button for checking for new firmware ... Even if I press the reboot button this happens without rebooting the device. If i try to change some settings and click 'apply' I'm back at the login page without any changes beeing applied. Devices are running in AP mode.
The only way to get a working device back is to reset to factory defaults using the reset button and doing a firmware recovery. Then it works again for a few hours.
I see the same behaviour on two devices! Also opened a case with ASUS already, no reply so far.
Any ideas?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!