What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.1842

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rtcomputersinc

Bug fixes
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed view list in network map cannot be closed.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue.
- Fixed abnormal LED blinking issue when enabled IPTV.
- Fixed client list name cannot be changed issue.

MD5:2884cb7c5a2c4d22ff609ccfbf388c32

Hmmm.. I see no compelling reason to change from Merlin's 380.57 firmware for my situation.

Hmmm.. I see no compelling reason to change from Merlin's 380.57 firmware for my situation.

I wonder if this fixes the bug where you lose 2.4GHz clients if NAT acceleration is disabled.

I wonder if this fixes the bug where you lose 2.4GHz clients if NAT acceleration is disabled.

Well, I have the Wireless disabled on my router so it doesn't affect me. Have no way of testing it myself anyway All my stuff is hardwired. Yeah, I still use a flip-phone that I don't even text on LOL.

Omg yes :) ...I cant test this new official release for the next 2 days,but i hope they fixed the 2.4ghz when NAT Accel is disabled.
I assume yes if it work now for the 68P , mine is 68u

I just did a quick and dirty upgrade on my 68U and the bug remains :(

EDIT: And confirmed with a full wipe - 2.4ghz works fine on defaults (CTF enabled) but as soon as it is disabled, 2.4ghz breaks.

Back to Merlin 378.56_2 for me.

Last edited:
I just did a quick and dirty upgrade on my 68U and the bug remains :(

EDIT: And confirmed with a full wipe - 2.4ghz works fine on defaults (CTF enabled) but as soon as it is disabled, 2.4ghz breaks.

Back to Merlin 378.56_2 for me.
Welp... apologies to all. I was mistaken. The Telnet tool did not set CTF to disabled like I had it, rather left it on auto. As soon as I turn off CTF the 2.4 bug is back as SenorClean found.

Yeah, I still use a flip-phone that I don't even text on LOL.

Dude........ you're rocking a flip phone? I wish I could, sure would make my life easier as in "honey I tried to text that I'm coming home late...... but it's not working" :D

Since I flashed the new version 1842 ntp isn't working anymore. The router doesn't sync its clock. That has never happened before. Anyone else got that problem? I like looking into the system log and it's really horrible to have no correct date/time on anything.

Omg yes :) ...I cant test this new official release for the next 2 days,but i hope they fixed the 2.4ghz when NAT Accel is disabled.
I assume yes if it work now for the 68P , mine is 68u

My bad, nothing is solved with 2.4ghz band and NAT,same issues like .1031 or 380.57 :(
So... im going to switch to john Fork ;)

Can someone please check if their devices still do the NTP update with the latest FW? Thanks!

Edit: I pulled the power plug. After that it worked again. A reboot did nothing. So glad everything works again. Just weird, that never happened before.

Last edited:
2.4 GHz still broken for me as well. This is getting ridiculous...

Someone in another thread mentioned if you put 2.4 in legacy mode, it overcomes this bug, and that has worked for me. Of course your 2.4 devices would then be limited to b/g, but that is not a big deal for my setup.

Someone in another thread mentioned if you put 2.4 in legacy mode, it overcomes this bug, and that has worked for me. Of course your 2.4 devices would then be limited to b/g, but that is not a big deal for my setup.
This is not a solution. No offence, but I think this should be a big deal for you as well. You bought an expensive, top of the range device that got crippled after what was supposed to be an update, wasn't fixed after the next update and they don't seem to care.

This is not a solution. No offence, but I think this should be a big deal for you as well. You bought an expensive, top of the range device that got crippled after what was supposed to be an update, wasn't fixed after the next update and they don't seem to care.

I was just offering this up as a work around for the time being. I am in no way trying to minimize this issue or give Asus cover.

Bug fixes
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed view list in network map cannot be closed.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue.
- Fixed abnormal LED blinking issue when enabled IPTV.
- Fixed client list name cannot be changed issue.

MD5:2884cb7c5a2c4d22ff609ccfbf388c32
Version 3.0.0.4.380.1842
anyone try this?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wir...0043801842.zip