What's new

Only getting half speeds on ASUS AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ludentoyz

New Around Here
I couldn’t figure it out for so long but I want the speeds I pay for. Idk a whole lot about the settings in this thing. I have it sitting in front of the CL modem which I use in my back room to activate ports in other parts of the house I already turned off the radio in it because I use the ASUS router as my main source of Wi-Fi and wow is it powerful. I get over 100mbs on the 3rd floor! But this issue is that when I run the speed test in it via my pc or even the ASUS router app and I am getting about 450mbps which is good but not what I want lol. I have a lot of devices so I want the maximum I can get out of this router. I looked up that I need to enable CTF or NAT acceleration but I see no options. Any help would be great

Attachments

• DD6206A6-CE4B-490B-9723-A80C933F95DD.jpeg
    DD6206A6-CE4B-490B-9723-A80C933F95DD.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 216
  • B4555239-8AA4-484D-AF60-B897F5E44537.jpeg
    B4555239-8AA4-484D-AF60-B897F5E44537.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DC46530A-40CB-411B-A1CB-BFDFF33E90C8.jpeg
    DC46530A-40CB-411B-A1CB-BFDFF33E90C8.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 175
  • E4E9E6A1-8A16-4B53-9363-E3146C88DD44.jpeg
    E4E9E6A1-8A16-4B53-9363-E3146C88DD44.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 185
  • BC20AB99-ECBA-4D63-BDD2-883834796FD7.jpeg
    BC20AB99-ECBA-4D63-BDD2-883834796FD7.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 213
But this issue is that when I run the speed test in it via my pc or even the ASUS router app and I am getting about 450mbps which is good but not what I want lol.
Without knowing what speed your ISP connection is we have no way of knowing whether 450Mbps is good or bad.

Welcome to the forums @ludentoyz.

What are your ISP paid-for speeds?

I would suggest using RMerlin firmware on your router instead (the latest stable or the latest Alpha 1 should be a good match right now).

About | Asuswrt-Merlin

After flashing to the latest firmware you want to use on your router, the following may help you get the most out of your network hardware.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Almost all L&LD Links
Centurylink fiber 1gig or at least 940mbps. I would like to know if there was anything I could try without Merlin first. Also is Merlin safe like in the developer side. I’m wary of anything that’s free.

Does Merlin void the warranty? Also I read that even with Merlin I would have to enable NAT acceleration to get my paid for speeds but I also read that this may affect gaming which I am an avid user of. Is this true?

3rd Party firmware doesn't void your warranty. In fact, ...

Some features first debuted in Asuswrt-Merlin and were eventually implemented in the official firmware:​

• HTTPS configuration interface
  • Persistent JFFS partition
  • LED control - put your router in Stealth Mode by turning off all LEDs
  • Turning WPS button into a radio on/off toggle
  • Clicking on the MAC address of an unidentified client will do a lookup in the OUI database.
  • WakeOnLan web interface (with pre-configured targets)
  • Display active/tracked network connections
  • VPN Status page
  • DualWAN and Repeater mode (while it was still under development by Asus)
  • Basic OpenVPN (client and server) support
  • Configurable IPv6 firewall
  • Improved compatibility with 3TB+ and Advanced Format HDDs
  • SSH access
  • Disk spindown after user-configurable inactivity timeout
  • Updated Samba version (3.6), with SMB2.0 support
  • TLS 1.3 support for some services (OpenSSL 1.1.1)
  • Modern DDNS client (In-a-Dyn), with https support
  • Full cone NAT support (on some models)
  • User-provided SSL certificate
  • Display the Ethernet port states
  • TLS support for the FTP server
  • Allow or disable WAN access to the FTP server
  • User-defined options for WAN DHCP requests (required by some ISPs)

The above quote is from Features | Asuswrt-Merlin

Did you even look at the links I provided? Use any firmware you want, but the suggestions are universal.

3rd Party firmware doesn't void your warranty. In fact, ...

The above quote is from Features | Asuswrt-Merlin

Did you even look at the links I provided? Use any firmware you want, but the suggestions are universal.
Sorry, yeah I just read it I’m new to all this so downloading a 3rd party firmware seemed a little daunting. I just didn’t know if I had my settings wrong in what I have now just was looking for suggestions.

The images you provided don't tell us what the important settings are. The links I provided give you that information, and more.

Centurylink fiber 1gig or at least 940mbps. I would like to know if there was anything I could try without Merlin first. Also is Merlin safe like in the developer side. I’m wary of anything that’s free.

Does Merlin void the warranty? Also I read that even with Merlin I would have to enable NAT acceleration to get my paid for speeds but I also read that this may affect gaming which I am an avid user of. Is this true?
Merlin has been doing firmwares for Asus routers for a very long time and he's even sort of working with Asus, so yes, it's 100% safe, in fact, it's more like 110% safe, as you get security updates and bug fixes before Asus implements them.

No, it doesn't void the warranty, as you can flash back to the Asus firmware at any time, in fact, the entire use experience is mostly seamless.

What part of NAT acceleration would affect your gaming? It's a required feature on all consumer routers and many business routers to be able to hit those kind of speeds.

Also, your screenshots provide ZERO useful information.

Merlin has been doing firmwares for Asus routers for a very long time and he's even sort of working with Asus, so yes, it's 100% safe, in fact, it's more like 110% safe, as you get security updates and bug fixes before Asus implements them.

No, it doesn't void the warranty, as you can flash back to the Asus firmware at any time, in fact, the entire use experience is mostly seamless.

What part of NAT acceleration would affect your gaming? It's a required feature on all consumer routers and many business routers to be able to hit those kind of speeds.

Also, your screenshots provide ZERO useful information.
Yeah sorry I’m just a lame. What would be useful then? Those are all the settings in my LAN and WAN settings

Yeah sorry I’m just a lame. What would be useful then? Those are all the settings in my LAN and WAN setting
It's not about being lame, but when you ask for help, it's better you try and explain the issue and then post screenshots if needed.
I'm not familiar with the UI of your specific router, so I'm afraid I can't help with that bit. Never used on of Asus' ROG routers, just their regular ones.
Normally NAT is located under WAN, Internet Connection, Basic Config and Enable NAT.

Last edited:
It's not about being lame, but when you ask for help, it's better you try and explain the issue and then post screenshots if needed.
I'm not familiar with the UI of your specific router, so I'm afraid I can't help with that bit. Never used on of Asus' ROG routers, just their regular ones.
Normally NAT is located under WAN, Internet Connection, Basic Config and Enable NAT.
Well then I guess I’ll try Merlin out and get back to you if I still can’t figure it out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!