1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Open Mesh A40 & A60 Access Points Reviewed

Discussion in 'Wireless Article Discussions' started by thiggins, Sep 13, 2017.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a read.

2. SeanFL

SeanFL Occasional Visitor

Nice review and info. I've used Open Mesh in a school environment for years and have been quite please. As Ryan mentioned above, we have some of the 10 year old OM2P (32 meg version) that are still working and supported.

The newer A60's we put in new classrooms/hallways work much better for a large client load. Overall we've been very pleased with how the system has operated serving 100+ users during the day.

3. Mokers

Mokers Regular Contributor

I am soon getting ATT Fiber internet (1gigabit here i come!), my trusty AP-AC v2 is going end of life and so I have been thinking about replacing my APs. I was thinking of buying a few new Ubiquitis, but I have been thinking about Open Mesh because I really like Meraki hardware and I have used datto for backup / DR at quite a few places. However, I keep looking at that 2x2 access point review and it seems like the EAP 225 (or 245) is such a great deal and wonder if I really need all of the enterprise features on my home network (only thing I need is multiple VLANs). So many options...

4. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Meraki has nothing to do with Open Mesh.