What's new

Open Mesh A40 & A60 Access Points Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nice review and info. I've used Open Mesh in a school environment for years and have been quite please. As Ryan mentioned above, we have some of the 10 year old OM2P (32 meg version) that are still working and supported.

The newer A60's we put in new classrooms/hallways work much better for a large client load. Overall we've been very pleased with how the system has operated serving 100+ users during the day.

I am soon getting ATT Fiber internet (1gigabit here i come!), my trusty AP-AC v2 is going end of life and so I have been thinking about replacing my APs. I was thinking of buying a few new Ubiquitis, but I have been thinking about Open Mesh because I really like Meraki hardware and I have used datto for backup / DR at quite a few places. However, I keep looking at that 2x2 access point review and it seems like the EAP 225 (or 245) is such a great deal and wonder if I really need all of the enterprise features on my home network (only thing I need is multiple VLANs). So many options...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!