What's new

OpenVPN client 1, 3 and 5 not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Technically, aside from a few minor tweaks in the settings here and there and the occasional firmware updates, we should just be able to plug them in and go.

On the consumer market there are a lot of rushed products just to beat the competition and a lot of false advertising involved. What happened to the initial release RT-AC88U MU-MIMO router with non-working MU-MIMO on SoC level? Did Asus refund the users? No, it was quietly fixed later and covered up. Most users can't test it and won't find out anyway. Next!

I've read your own AC86U died and was replaced by Asus.
How many other Asus models died on you in last 10 years?
My usage scenario is way too different from a regular user to be worth anything. The vast majority of my routers are kept unplugged, and I only plug them in when I need to test something on that specific model. I also have a few of them disassembled so I can do serial debugging, meaning they are getting more airflow than a normal router would, but they are also more susceptible to ESD as I must manually plug/unplug a serial header on the pc board.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!