What's new

openVpn client - ProtonVPN - error - SSL/TLS issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommy1

Occasional Visitor
hi,
i have two profiles for protonVpn - one for particular server and another one for a country (set of few servers), with one there's constant 'connecting' and with country one "error - SSL/TLS issue", it used to work till now..
there was also "Error connecting - Authentication failed" message ovpn credentials are for sure correct.

merlin version 384.16

Last edited:
You need to disable IPv6 support in your OpenVPN clients.

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

You need to disable IPv6 support in your OpenVPN clients.

Code:

could you please define my openvpn clients ?

within merlin settings there's IPv6 in 'advanced settings' section where ipv6 traffic is disabled, but i'm assuming you're referring to sth else ?

could you please define my openvpn clients ?

within merlin settings there's IPv6 in 'advanced settings' section where ipv6 traffic is disabled, but i'm assuming you're referring to sth else ?

see this post

thanks! that worked out, initially it says connecting -> authentication failed -> and then suddenly says connected and i'm online, a bit unpredictable behavior but it works again,
my current "custom configuration" for that open vpn profile looks as follows:

remote-random
resolv-retry infinite
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
remote-cert-tls server
pull
fast-io

that is one UDP connection with one server, and there's another one TCP one for another IP in my home network that works in paralel where there are no issues, i didnt add there those additional ipv6 settings, i wonder why..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!