What's new

OpenVPN server blocked each time after WAN settings are saved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olivier31000

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am using Asus Merlin firmware for years now. Always working really well !

I am facing an issue using Asus RT AX86S with 386.7_2 (but I think it was similar with 386.7).

Everytime I save the settings in the WAN configuration page, the openVPN servers are blocked with the attached message of initialization in progress (that never end):

A reboot save the issue and the VPN is stable when I do not modify the router settings
I have observed this on different router I own (one of them is new and freshly configured so it does not seem to be a problem related to a bad/dirty configuration).

Do you know about this issue ?

EDIT: I do not know if it plays a role but to help: jffs is enabled (I just say that because I have seen that when I enabled it during configuration it renewed the openvpn certificates)

Thank you !

Hi,

I am using Asus Merlin firmware for years now. Always working really well !

I am facing an issue using Asus RT AX86S with 386.7_2 (but I think it was similar with 386.7).

Everytime I save the settings in the WAN configuration page, the openVPN servers are blocked with the attached message of initialization in progress (that never end):

A reboot save the issue and the VPN is stable when I do not modify the router settings
I have observed this on different router I own (one of them is new and freshly configured so it does not seem to be a problem related to a bad/dirty configuration).

Do you know about this issue ?

EDIT: I do not know if it plays a role but to help: jffs is enabled (I just say that because I have seen that when I enabled it during configuration it renewed the openvpn certificates)

Thank you !
No need to double post, One is enough.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...each-time-after-wan-settings-are-saved.80102/

Yes it was in the bad section but I could not find how to delete a post... sorry
You can always use delete button att right of "report" button.

For your information:

- I tried the same configuration on an RT AC86U and no issue on openvpn servers after the wan configuration page is saved
- I checked again on my two configurations which are using RT AX86S and I still have the issue.

Is it the right place to report a bug ?

Hi,

To be honest, I am not sure it will correct the issue.

I have 4 configurations running under Asus WRT Merlin:
- RT AC5300
- RT AC86U
- RT AX86S
- RT AX86S

All are fresh configurations, factory reset, setup manually (not upload of configuration file) with similar configurations. All are running with latest firmware 386.7_2

RT AC5300 and RT AC86U do not have the issue
Both RT AX86S configurations have the issue.

Since I have the issue on 2 different RT AX86S both configured from factory default and not on the 2 other conf which are similar, I think it is a real issue. :)

Are there some logs I could share ?