What's new

Entware /opt/lib/xxx.so.6: file too short on merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tm4ig

Occasional Visitor
I have asus ac86u router with asusmerlin 386.3_2 firmware and opkg package manager.
I have discovered that for some installed packages "/opt/lib/xxx.so.6: file too short" error has appeared. For All packages latests availible versions were installed.

For examle
RT-AC86U-C920:/tmp/home/root# htop
htop: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libncursesw.so.6: file too short
RT-AC86U-C920:/tmp/home/root# nano
nano: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libncursesw.so.6: file too short
RT-AC86U-C920:/tmp/home/root# mtr
mtr: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libncursesw.so.6: file too short

Everything worked normal early, how can I fix this problem?

The appropriate steps in the link below may help get your USB drive working properly again.

Before following them, I would safely remove the drive via the GUI. Format it in a PC with NTFS format. Then, check the 'Format the JFFS partition on next boot' box, and be sure you click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page before you reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes.

Now, insert the USB drive (making sure you've formatted it as NTFS first) and follow the steps to properly format the drive as Ext4, create a 2GB swap file and enable the DC (disk checker) script before you re-install the scripts you want to use.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

thx for your help

I have force reinstalled libncursesw package (and all other installed packages to be sure) and now all programs are working normally

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!