What's new

Orbi RBR50 wifi keeps restarting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wifi disconnecting again.
I think I celebrated a bit too early. But I swear I had a solid connectivity for a good 12 minutes with no disconnection immediately after I installed voxel.

Likely your base unit has a HW issue with the wifi side...

Options here - I suggest just replacing the base unit, the satellite units are likely fine... alt approach would be to keep the base unit with WiFI turned off, and use the satellites as AP's over ethernet backhaul, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

eBay is a good option to source a base unit, considering availability of finding a base unit in Pakistan in retails, but who knows?

Likely your base unit has a HW issue with the wifi side...

Options here - I suggest just replacing the base unit, the satellite units are likely fine... alt approach would be to keep the base unit with WiFI turned off, and use the satellites as AP's over ethernet backhaul, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

eBay is a good option to source a base unit, considering availability of finding a base unit in Pakistan in retails, but who knows?
Unfortunately, I am inclining towards the same conclusion about the HW.

I hardly ever use Ethernet connections. Would the satellite be able to create a wifi system on its own?

I search and found out that locally, rbr50 in used condition are available for $100 with only 1 day warranty. After that, it's a jackpot, maybe it will last a day or maybe till end of times. Definitely a gamble, I think.

I have the option to buy a brand new rbk50 for $140 from Amazon and use the existing satellite to enhance the coverage area. Or buy a new TP-Link wifi6 mesh systems with 6ghz band for backhaul for $219 with 5500 sqft of covered area to future proof my investment for at least another 3 years.

I have the option to buy a brand new rbk50 for $140 from Amazon and use the existing satellite to enhance the coverage area.

The best option in my opinion. At least you know it works in your place. A new system is a gamble. You have mentioned no returns.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!