What's new

Out of Memory Errors 388.1 / No space left on device [SOLUTIONS]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi there,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I was getting sporadic reboots on my AX86S running 388.1, I went back to 386_7.2 in the end.

I've recently loaded the latest beta - 388.2_beta1, The router runs with about 32MB free mem, it has a 2Gb swap file but I've never seen it used.

It's been running for a couple of days now without problems, but I've just noticed that the files in /tmp/.diag seem to have some kind of garbage collection going on.

I don't know if it's size-based or a regular job but stainfo.db, for example, seems to grow to around 1600000 before getting chopped down to around 800000.

Maybe ASUS stole your idea? 😁
XD

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been tracking this thread as of late figuring that the issues I was having have been satisfactorily (however temporarily) resolved until a more permanent/official solution was released. In terms of ASUS, even at the time of people posting scripts in this thread to mitigate the issues, ASUS had a fix for a different model, we were just waiting for them to release it upstream for our model and for the necessary time for it to be merged into RMerlin's firmware and tested.

I am heartened that it appears this has happened in the beta, and am excited for it to be GA!

Update 3/23/2023 - FW 388.2 B1
So far it looks like 388.2 B1 has fixed the issue with networkmap.

Do you know what was the fix?

And is there a version of 386 that contains the same fix for the issue with networkmap (I am on 386.11) ?

Do you know what was the fix?

And is there a version of 386 that contains the same fix for the issue with networkmap (I am on 386.11) ?
It was an ASUS issue, some sort of leak with networkmap process and they fixed it. I had not heard of it being an issue with 386.x

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!