What's new

Overclocking RT-AC56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Was I reading the wrong line? On the RT-AC56U I thought I saw stock BogoMIPS was almost 1600?

My stats:

BogoMIPS : 1595.80 (800;533)

BogoMIPS : 2398.61 (1200;800)

At the attempt to set 1600;800, my router went to coma and so far I am not able to bring it back (swapped with my old trusty N56U temporarily)

Did you put 200,800 by accident? :)

lol or is the cpu protecting itself with insane throttling?

on another note a dual core 1.6 would be slightly less power then my sisters new asus s400ca we just got her. lol

lol you probably damaged your CPU

The RT-N66U. Now that you ask that, I see this thread was for the AC56U.

:p The Bogomips you were posting were in line with the N66/AC66, so I suspect that was your "problem" :)

My stats:

BogoMIPS : 1595.80 (800;533)

BogoMIPS : 2398.61 (1200;800)

At the attempt to set 1600;800, my router went to coma and so far I am not able to bring it back (swapped with my old trusty N56U temporarily)

OBITUARY.
Rest in peace, o brave little black router. You died like hero exploring a new Everest of overclocking of routers. You will be missed.

My AC56 - just like Merlin warned about Fukusima - is not booting anymore. Only power LED comes on; attempts to get into recovery mode by holding reset button did not succeed.:(

Did you also try holding the WPS button while turning on the router?

See RMerlin's post on page 2 of this thread.

Did you also try holding the WPS button while turning on the router?

See RMerlin's post on page 2 of this thread.

MILLION THANKS!!! Even though I could not find Merlin's post you are quoting, I did try - and magically it reset my bricked router!!!!

Hey, glad it worked!

Curious if there was a recovery tool for the RT-AC56U? Or is that available only for the RT-N16U?

Hey, glad it worked!

Curious if there was a recovery tool for the RT-AC56U? Or is that available only for the RT-N16U?

There is, however the AC56U CFE is a bit more fragile, and can sometimes fail to configure the Ethernet interface. When that happens, the only way to recover is through a serial cable.

There is, however the AC56U CFE is a bit more fragile, and can sometimes fail to configure the Ethernet interface. When that happens, the only way to recover is through a serial cable.

Thanks Merlin,

Could you please explain what does booting with WPS button do exactly and what is the correct procedure? I would to add that info to the very beginning of this thread (where I described recovery procedures)