What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Guz

Looking at the webui of files on the drive, it appears wrt is using miniDLNA v1.1.0...
Wondering if padavans firmware is using a different mini and or if it was replaced with v1.1.0, if it would make it work.

nevermind.....should have looked it up first....looks like thats the latest version.....

Last edited:
No more downloads on Google Code
Builds on Google Drive (by Padavan) is a temporary solution.
Also, you can use fresh images (compiled by me)

I went through this when Github stopped offering download hosting, and the global traffic had become too heavy for my personal website to host. I switched to a paid Mediafire account a bit over a year ago, and am really happy with it so far. I would definitely recommend them. The professional account is quite affordable, and they are far more clean looking and professional than many other filehost services where you get flooded with ads, popups, captcha and what else.

The Pro plan also offers traffic statistics.

So sorry. Like I said, I don't have a PS3 to play with. I just use my Smart TV that has a DLNA client built in it. Have you tried researching this issue on the miniDLNA site?

Now for a really convoluted method I found that I can do with my setup. With Windows 8.x, play a movie via DLNA from the router (using the Modern Video player), then send it to my TV via the network. Talk about un-necessary steps :eek:

Pavadan is stealing rmerlins spotlight he started this stuff how dare anyone use this forum to hawk their own firmware!

So sorry. Like I said, I don't have a PS3 to play with. I just use my Smart TV that has a DLNA client built in it. Have you tried researching this issue on the miniDLNA site?

Now for a really convoluted method I found that I can do with my setup. With Windows 8.x, play a movie via DLNA from the router (using the Modern Video player), then send it to my TV via the network. Talk about un-necessary steps :eek:

Ya that seems like a hassle....why can't these damn things work like they are supposed to....haha...
Guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that someday they will come out with a firmware that actually works for everyone....ie all the firmware option do what they are supposed to....lol

I am running the 'base' 079 on a customers RT-N56U. The network is flying.

The main use for this router though is for wired connections, not wireless (though that works fine too).

Can someone tell me exactly what this option does in the openvpn client?

Restrict Access from VPN Server Site:
No - site to site access
Yes - (this is a foreign site)

I have my clients tunneling through my router to my vpn provider, and I want to make sure I understand what this is. I assume it means the vpn server cannot connect directly back to my router? But then I'm not sure how packets flow freely.

2nd Belkin 750 as AP

Hi,
Have a 2nd Belkin 750 with Padavan's BN750DB_3.0.3.7-079 firmware on both it and the main router.

I have them set up as noted in the Common tips instructions - "Using a second router to increase the coverage area of ​​Wi Fi". https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/w..._router_to_increase_the_coverage_area_of_​​Wi

I can connect to the 2nd router network and it can see and connect to all items (printers, NAS etc) that are in the main network but I can't connect to the internet.

My second router sees the first one but not vice versa.
While I am on the main network through router #1 (192.168.1.1)I can access the configuration pages (wirelessly) of the 2nd router.

1st router - 192.168.1.1
2nd router - 192.168.1.2
Device (router) names are different
The Network associated with each router are named differently

Wireless security on both WPA2 Personal AES

1st set up under Bridge as AP only channel 11
2nd set up under bridge as AP & AP-Client channel 11

Suggestions?
TIA,

** Just as an aside - I am trying to do this wirelessly (like in DD-WRT repeater mode) and assume that is what the instructions mean.
I got to wondering though because on the configuration page - Administration/Operation Mode - it says "In Access Point Mode (AP), BN750DB connects to a wired/wireless router through a network cable to establish wireless signal sharing.In this Mode, Firewall, IP Sharing and NAT functions are default disabled."

Hi all,

I just installed Padavan's custom firmware on my n56u, as I was getting accessed remotely somehow on my old Netgear router.

I have two questions:

1. Can I block all other computers MAC-addresses other than those I know and want to use?

2. Does anybody know what this log means:

Feb 19 23:17:01 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.4 ac:3c:xx:xx:a6:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:17:04 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.4 ac:3c:xx:xx:a6:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:18:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.13 cc:fa:xx:xx:38:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:49:29 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.3 7c1:xx:xx:3e:xx wrong network

I'm not running padavans due to ps3 streaming issues....

But you should be able to "ALLOW" the mac id's you want to access your router.
Anything NOT on your allow list should be blocked...
Hope that helps....that's how I run mine...

I'm not running padavans due to ps3 streaming issues....

But you should be able to "ALLOW" the mac id's you want to access your router.
Anything NOT on your allow list should be blocked...
Hope that helps....that's how I run mine...

Yes, that's how I want to have it, but all I can do is allow or deny one MAC at a time. I can't check a box that says block all MACs except these.

Yes, that's how I want to have it, but all I can do is allow or deny one MAC at a time. I can't check a box that says block all MACs except these.
if goto firewall>MAC filter>MAC filter mode and choose "accept" you can then enter the MACs that you want to have access to the router. "accept" mode will only let MAC addresses on your list have access to the router.

Hi all,

I just installed Padavan's custom firmware on my n56u, as I was getting accessed remotely somehow on my old Netgear router.

I have two questions:

1. Can I block all other computers MAC-addresses other than those I know and want to use?

2. Does anybody know what this log means:

Feb 19 23:17:01 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.4 ac:3c:xx:xx:a6:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:17:04 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.4 ac:3c:xx:xx:a6:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:18:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.13 cc:fa:xx:xx:38:xx wrong network
Feb 19 23:49:29 dnsmasq-dhcp[414]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.3 7c1:xx:xx:3e:xx wrong network

What do you mean you were getting accessed remotely on your Netgear router? If someone is actually hacking into your wifi then MAC adress filtering is probably not going to help. Those log entries usually just mean that the device was connected to another wifi and its trying to use that old ip address its nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
What do you mean you were getting accessed remotely on your Netgear router? If someone is actually hacking into your wifi then MAC adress filtering is probably not going to help. Those log entries usually just mean that the device was connected to another wifi and its trying to use that old ip address its nothing to worry about.

I had many entries like this in the log of my router:

"[LAN access from remote] from 217.129.24.83:25328 to 192.168.2.5:49309 Wednesday, Feb 19,2014 00:27:26"

I am running the 'base' 079 on a customers RT-N56U. The network is flying.

The main use for this router though is for wired connections, not wireless (though that works fine too).

What do you mean by "The network is Flying"? I've always been able to get 900Mb/s+ throughput with this router.

I had many entries like this in the log of my router:

"[LAN access from remote] from 217.129.24.83:25328 to 192.168.2.5:49309 Wednesday, Feb 19,2014 00:27:26"
These entries can be caused by a variety of reasons and most of them arent anything to worry about, but theres always the chance it could be some sort of malware on 192.168.2.5 so its worth doing some more research into whats causing it. do you use any p2p software?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!