What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Under Port Forwarding I need to supply a Port range, what is the delimiter?

e.g. Port 991 through 999 to Local Port 111

Do I input 991-999 or 991:999 or ?

Secondary question, it does not seem to be possible to add a Port forwarding rule and select to disable/enable it, seems if you add it is ON and no method to retain it but disable it right?

You can enter a single port: 123
Multiple ports: 123,456
Port ranges: 123:129
Mix of both: 123:129,456,789

(A minus is not supported.)

The selection has nothing to do with enabling/disabling, it's just a selection for quick removal of several rules. So instead of removing 10 rules individually, you can just select all 10 and press remove [-] once.

Basically you add and remove rules. That's it.

ntpd

Why?
In the administration window you can set up time synchronization, and it will synchronize the time on each reboot. No need for entware or any extra software.

But to answer you questions: you shouldn't need to open any ports since ntpd will connect to a time server, not the other way around.
Entware services can be started from /opt/etc/init.d/S...

edit: The firmware uses and includes some ntpd itself, see: /usr/sbin/ntpd

sorry for not being clear enough (though i thought i was): i want to have a _time server_. (in the beginning for my internal network and after that the be part of ntp pool)

adrian_sev, if you want open port 123 for ntpd from wan then add to /etc/storage/post_iptables_script.sh (via ssh or via web interface)
Code:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 123 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 123 -j ACCEPT

Hate to randomly ask, but no one seems to answer....
Doesn't anyone have a 56u and ps3?
If so, do you have issues with 2104 DLNA errors when trying to stream, using padavans firmware?
Thanks in advance...
Zainday

Problem link, but nothing posted for a while
https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/issues/detail?id=275

Last edited:
Port LAN4 linked to WAN

Hello fellows, can I assign port lan4 to be on the same vlan as WAN port. My IPS provides IPTV and I'm using tp-link switch now to

1) forward traffic to the IPTV media box
2) connect to WAN port of the router

so I wanna remove that switch and make LAN4 to working as a switch and basically to be attached to that external network. How to accomplish that? I'm using Asus rt-n56u 3.4.3.7-075

Thanks in advance.

Just installed the latest on my rt-n56u. If I set the 2.4ghz to N only I can't connect to it. If I set it to N/G mixed, I am able to connect.
I have security set to wpa2 aes.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? This is my first experience with padavan fw.

Hate to randomly ask, but no one seems to answer....
Doesn't anyone have a 56u and ps3?
If so, do you have issues with 2104 DLNA errors when trying to stream, using padavans firmware?
Thanks in advance...
Zainday

Problem link, but nothing posted for a while
https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/issues/detail?id=275

Not exactly sure if it is an answer, but I could have sworn that I read, even a mention from Padavan, that it is an issue with Sony's firmware.

Pierino, is your wifi client able to use 'N' ? 'G' devices can't connect to AP with 'N only' on.

Yes. My rt-ac68u and ac66u work on N only. I don't even have any G devices. I can connect to the rt-n56u set in N only mode on stock fw. It's just on padavan that I can't.
I was reading on the Asus forum that people had better experience with a .360 fw but I can't find it on the download page.
I pay for 30/3 Internet. With the above mentioned routers and an rt-n13u b1 I can hit 30 download, wirelessly.
With the n56u only about 18. That's with either fw. I thought it was that maybe my clients didn't play well with a Railink chipset but the n13u is Railink.

Ok. I hadn't thought to try with my laptop. I only tried it with my iPad. Let me hook it back up.
As per setting, all I did was set it to N only, channel 1, 20mhz.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 329
Second picture.
Also on my pc connected to the lan speed test is 8.42Mbps down. On stock I get me full speed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 624
Not exactly sure if it is an answer, but I could have sworn that I read, even a mention from Padavan, that it is an issue with Sony's firmware.

I wonder why it works fine with stock firmware, and his really old version padavans v1.0.1.8e-p2...???

Traffic Monitor & Access Point Mode

Hi guys,
I have installed the latest Padavan firmware for my ASUS N56U router.
I was wondering if there is a reason why switching the router to Access Point Mode all the Traffic Monitoring features get hidden.

I really enjoy Access Point mode because it is easier to manage port forwarding on my ISP router, but I would really like to monitor the wired and wireless bandwidth performance somehow.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Camillo

WD My Passport

Just wanted to give an update on my WD 2TB drive woes (http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=98246&postcount=734)

I eventually did partition and reformatted the drive to ext2/3/4... and it STILL lost files.

After extensive testing of the drive on various systems (ThinkPad 400, Asus UX31E, RT-N56U, RT-N65U, Dell workstation, HP desktop), O/S's (fresh installs of Win7/8.1, Ubuntu, Mint), USB 2.0/3.0 ports, drivers, firmware, you name it, I have to say the drive is absolutely the biggest POS USB drive I have ever run across.

It passes ALL of the testing software from WD (Smart status, surface tests, Zero'ing, etc.), and MiniPartition Tools, but it will eventually corrupt your file system and you WILL loose files.

So, just a heads up avoid the WD 2TB My Passport (WDBY8L0020BBK-01) like the plague.

I now have an $80 paperweight.

I wanted to get a new router for a new house. I have an rt-n56u with padavan fw loaded and im loving it. I know that padavan has supported 3 models of router now. So i am wondering if anyone have any idea what router will padavan support in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arul
5 models

### Target ProductID (board select, fixed 7 symbols)
#CONFIG_FIRMWARE_PRODUCT_ID="RT-N14U"
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_PRODUCT_ID="RT-N56U"
#CONFIG_FIRMWARE_PRODUCT_ID="RT-N65U"
#CONFIG_FIRMWARE_PRODUCT_ID="SWR1100"
#CONFIG_FIRMWARE_PRODUCT_ID="BN750DB"

SWR1100 means Samsung CY-SWR1100
BN750DB means Belkin N750 DB

But both Samsung & Belkin wasn't heavily tested like N56U/N65U/N14U, AFAIK

There are no announced plans to support other models.