What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I like padavans firmware, it is working flaviously, only one problem with 3G usb modem. It is Huawei E367 HSPA+ registered in HSPA+ network. All working fine, Modem is connected to internet. But in some hour, internet not working, it lost connection. But 3G modem is still connected to internet, I know, because its led lighting solid. In that case, manual reconnect not working, router reboot not help , I must disable usb modem in usb apps menu, than reboot and so on. In log, there isnt anything about disconnect. It is wiered, because in orig. asus fw that problem not exist. Can we look at this, becasue padavan firmware have fine tweaks and performance...

EDIT:
ASUS RT-N65U, Huawei E367, hspa network connection.

Hi,

anyone who has problems with bad/low thru put running Padavan?

I installed Padavan a couple of days ago, and haven't really downloaded anything since then, but today I ran a speed test and got like 9Mbps. I have 24Mbit, but I usually get 16 at least.

Anybody who've experienced something similar?

Hi,

I installed Padavan a couple of days ago, and haven't really downloaded anything since then, but today I ran a speed test and got like 9Mbps. I have 24Mbit, but I usually get 16 at least.

No issues here. Actually went from 20 to 30 Mbit from an older .4x to .75 firmware. Are you sure your ISP is not throttling you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Its normal for your internet speed to vary a bit, for example it will generally be faster in the middle of the night and slower during prime time hours. If your talking about the actual router throughput then you probably have something setup incorrectly to get numbers that low. What method are you using to test throughput?

By chance, does anyone know...
If you update from wrt (stock) to padavans firmware, should you uninstall media server first , then update, or does padavans firmware ignore the media server files and creates it's own?
I'm rubberbanding alot on the 360 while playing BF4 and it's hella annoying.
I know the game is riddled with issues, so I can't tell if it's on my end or them....
(everything cpu wise, ie torrents and webpages, seem fine, so I would geuss it's the games netcoding)

I've restarted everything, reset to default on router, reconfigure....but I still get rubberbanding alot......no others even using the router, ie torrents etc...

By chance, does anyone know...
If you update from wrt (stock) to padavans firmware, should you uninstall media server first , then update, or does padavans firmware ignore the media server files and creates it's own?
I'm rubberbanding alot on the 360 while playing BF4 and it's hella annoying.
I know the game is riddled with issues, so I can't tell if it's on my end or them....
(everything cpu wise, ie torrents and webpages, seem fine, so I would geuss it's the games netcoding)

I've restarted everything, reset to default on router, reconfigure....but I still get rubberbanding alot......no others even using the router, ie torrents etc...

Do you have a network smoothing option on the 360?
http://www.xboxone-hq.com/postt156.html

If not then the rubberbanding/lag is most likely caused by the servers and pings from other players joining. Best you can do is open the relevant ports and try a wired connection to eliminate what is causing the problem.

- Xbox 360 -
UDP: 88, 500, 3330*, 3544, 4500
BOTH: 53, 80, 1863**, 3074

Ya I have that option, maybe i'll mess with it.....I heard it makes the game look less detailed, but would have to try it first to see if thats true....
I have all ports opened and have tried DMZ....doesn't seem to matter....
I'll keep messing with it....
Thanks for you time...

Ya I have that option, maybe i'll mess with it.....I heard it makes the game look less detailed, but would have to try it first to see if thats true....
I have all ports opened and have tried DMZ....doesn't seem to matter....
I'll keep messing with it....
Thanks for you time...

It doesn't make the game less detailed, there are lots of videos online explaining what it does. However BF4 or any game on the Frostbite engine isn't the best to showcase smooth, lag free gameplay. Most of the BF games suffer from rubberbanding, so it is most likely not your ISP or router at fault.

I play it on the PC, and have a wired ethernet connection (all ports open) and get 19ms ping rate to a gsp and it still lags.

Thanks, I kinda figured it's the game....it's riddled with issues.....
Fun game when it's running smooth, just wish they would fix the darn thing so people don't have to suffer from getting pissed at it....lol

Upgraded my r56u to .79, and now I can't seem to break 144Mbps on 5ghz with full bars.
Check your "HT Spatial Streams" and "Channel Bandwith" settings maybe something was accidentally changed when you did the update. Sometimes when updating from older firmwares its best to reset to the factory defaults and then reenter your preferred settings.

It seems there is also a new release of the official Asus firmware on the Asus site; do You guys think it would be safe to test it as well?

ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561
Released: 2014.02.21
http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN56U/#support

I'm running it right now and seems like it has good signal. I don't use all the extras like aidisk or vpn etc.....but worth testing out.
If you don't like it, you can always flash back to what your running..

I asked a couple questions in previous post but this one was never answered....
If you update from wrt (stock) to padavans firmware, should you uninstall media server first , then update, or does padavans firmware ignore the media server files and creates it's own? (Beings stocks asusware folder, I figured padavans wouldn't use it, but don't know)

Last edited:
I asked a couple questions in previous post but this one was never answered....
If you update from wrt (stock) to padavans firmware, should you uninstall media server first , then update, or does padavans firmware ignore the media server files and creates it's own? (Beings stocks asusware folder, I figured padavans wouldn't use it, but don't know)

Turn off all the extras then update. There is enough of a difference now that when you convert you really should start fresh with the defaults, then go in and set things up over again.

Does anyone successfully flash it to Samsung CY-SWR1100?

Mind to share the experience?

Thanks in advance

Low Transfer Speed from USB

I have the .79 firmware and I primarily use this router to download torrents... However, I have noticed that I get extremely low speeds from copying from the external HDD. The speed I get is between 1-2Mbps... whereas I was getting 13-15Mbps from the stock ASUS firmware. I have ensured that the USB 3.0 mode is ON and it isn't in USB 2.0 mode. Can someone suggest a way to improve this transfer speed?

Also, torrent download speed is extremely slow. Although I have a 4Mbps connection, I can only download at 2Mbps or so but it works perfectly with the stock ASUS firmware.

Can someone post some optimal settings that a beginner can follow and get optimal performance out of this router and firmware?

Hi,

Yes, I'm getting slow speeds as well.. I have a 4Mbps but I'm getting about 2Mbps or so... no settings have been modified at my end.

The only thing I have tried was to change the DNS to google DNS but no change in download speeds.