What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You don't need ipv6 on local network or I am wrong?

EDIT:
I have one problem with latest nightly from 15.08.2014. Im using WebUI with HTTPS and own certificates and openvpn. All is working fine, but I dont know how - router reboots itself and no https, no certs, no openvpn working. Where search for problem? Can you someone help?

You need to have ipv6 connectivity on the lan for you devices to connect to ipv6 networks on the internet... not using an ipv4 to 6 tunnel (which doesnt work with by provider).

I found this. I don't know how hard it would be to implement but looks like all the hard yards are done... www.andy.id.au/Home/openwrt/custom-builds

edit: i added a static ipv6 lan address to the rt56u which fixed the issue. had to disable hw offloading as well as per advice earlier in the thread. working well now

Last edited:
newbie to padavan fw

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of Asus RT-n56U and user of Padavan's FW. First of, it's a great piece of software and the main reason why I got the N56U in the first place.

I'm upgrading from a RT-n16 using TeddyBear's TomatoUSB FW - the ugrade was fairly smooth however there are some features that I can't seem to find in Padavan and I was wondering whether I'm missing something obvious or if there are workarounds for them.

1. Dual MAC for same host/ip
Somewhat of a corner case but I encounter this with laptops and VMs where one machine has two (or more) MACs - such as a wireless and wired card, with one being used at a time. In Tomato I can use the UI to bind to MACs to one host/ip but that doesn't seem to be supported in Padavan. I can add two entries pointing out the same IP and host but that results in duplicates entries in dnsq and the first one wins (I get an error message regarding the duplicates).
I've tried editing the etc/ dnsq files but they are created at startup so I need to look somewhere else. From what I've seen in Tomato, potentially I could use a comma and add multiple MACs to the same address (and have only one ip per host in dnsq) but I don't know where to look.

2. Port Triggering
A useful functionality that I'm missing from Tomato is port triggering - that is opening up ports in the firewall (while there's traffic) based on a request to a certain port.
This is quite handy for on-line gaming since rather then opening up ports to the entire world, one can just add ports on demand, when they connect to the server.

3. UPNP/NAT openings and evictions
I've enabled UPNP but I can't seem to find a place that tells me what ports are opened by whom and at what hosts. It would useful to get access to this information and moreover to be able to manually clean the ports so whenever the program that opened them crashed or forgot to close them (looking at you Skype), one can do so manually from the UI.

4. Use the USB as a storage (and to save bandwidth info)
I've noticed one can opt to store the bandwidth history and time to /etc/storage but I can't seem to find a way to make an USB stick the storage.
In other words, rather than saving to memory or the internal flash, I'd like to save the history to the USB stick attached to the router. I see plenty of options such as opening it up through SMB, FTP, etc.. but not save bandwidth at path "...".
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

4. Use the USB as a storage (and to save bandwidth info)
I've noticed one can opt to store the bandwidth history and time to /etc/storage but I can't seem to find a way to make an USB stick the storage.
In other words, rather than saving to memory or the internal flash, I'd like to save the history to the USB stick attached to the router. I see plenty of options such as opening it up through SMB, FTP, etc.. but not save bandwidth at path "...".
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

+1

I'd appreciate if someone can provide a few tips as to how one can save bandwidth logs and syslog to a USB drive rather than the internal flash.

Thank you.

Can someone please advise as to what this error means?

Aug 27 13:27:18 dhcp6c[508]: status code for identity association-529174: no addresses

I have my RT-N56U connected to a plain TP-Link ADSL2 modem (bridge mode).
I'm trying to figure out how to connect to the modem's UI from behind the router.
DHCP is obviously switched off on the modem, I tried setting different IP addresses, within and outside of the routers DHCP range, but unfortunately I was unable to bring up the UI.

Any ideas how this can be accomplished?

Cheers.

I'm trying to figure out how to connect to the modem's UI from behind the router.
DHCP is obviously switched off on the modem, I tried setting different IP addresses, within and outside of the routers DHCP range, but unfortunately I was unable to bring up the UI.

Cheers.
Keep the modem and the router on two different networks. Like 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x

Sent from my Nexus 4

WAN and 3G

Hi!

I've just received my rt-n65u and installed padawan's image (3.0.3.8-084 full) on it.
Now I have 2 questions:

1) How can I force the router to use the WAN-interface as primary internet connection, when there is also the 3G USB-stick plugged in? I just want the 3G network as an automatically backup connection.

2) Is there a possibility to see the signalstrength of 3G in this image?

Last edited:
Hi!

I've just received my rt-n65u and installed padawan's image (3.0.3.8-084 full) on it.
Now I have 2 questions:

1) How can I force the router to use the WAN-interface as primary internet connection, when there is also the 3G USB-stick plugged in? I just want the 3G network as an automatically backup connection.

2) Is there a possibility to see the signalstrength of 3G in this image?

1. There's an option to use 3G interface only if WAN is down. It got switched around in later builds so I can't remember where it is exactly. It is a dropdown menu. When I tried it, it did switch to 3G when wan went down, but never switched back on WAN up. Also I think I just unplagged the cable to test it, so it might just mean 'when the cable is unplugged' and not 'there's no internet on wan port'

2. AFAIK no, you cannot.

Last edited:

Cheers.

Yes I have this set up.
I am using DHCP on my modem to assign an IP address to the router MAN interface, however static would also work. Different subnet to the main LAN allocation. e.g. MAN is 192.168.0.x and main LAN is 192.168.1.x.
On the WAN page of the RT-N56U router, turn PPPoE VPN + MAN: to DHCP or Static. You can also set the static MAN IP here if not using DHCP.
With this setup I can access my modem pages through 192.168.0.1.

So the last couple of lines in my routing table:
192.168.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth3
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br0

Is the Padavan firmware effected by the Bush bug Shellshock? If so, is there going to be a patched version? Mine is on the Belkin n750 router.