What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Padavan's firmware supports both RT-N56U A1 and RT-N56B1.

Also, you'll get 802.11AC on B1 which is locked down on stock firmware.

I don't know why OpenWrt won't make B1 config. New RT-N56U B1 has number of benefits vs previous version:
  • x2 faster DDR3 memory,
  • IPv4 UDP h/w off-load,
  • IPv6/SIT h/w off-load,
  • QDMA compatible h\w QoS\Shaper,
  • potential L2TP and IPSEC h\w off-load,
  • up to 40MB/s via SAMBA even on USB2.0,
  • cooler then RT3883-based previous RT-N56U,
  • x2 larger SPI flash.
I've attached an image where you can find visual differences between A1 and B1.

Attachments

• post.cgi.jpg
    post.cgi.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,898
I don't know why OpenWrt won't make B1 config

Could be due to the lack of an open source driver that supports this new hardware revision. OpenWRT is quite strict about requiring full open source availability.

After flashing padavan wi fi default SSID is Asus and security key is 1234567890.

Can any one help me to configure client vpn PPTP ?

Hi,

I've installed the Padavan Firmware on my new RT-AC51U.

I'm using only usb 3G connection with a usb modem.

Everything is working fine except that I cannot port fowarding.

DDNS is working and I can see on my no-ip area that it is updating the external IP.

But this router is saying that I've got multiple-NAT... And I don't know how to don't have it!

Is the usb modem working as a router ?!?!

In my old TP Link 3420 that was a "pure" 3G router I could make port fowarding with that USB modem.

How can I make it in RT-AC51U ? Anyone knows if it is possible ?

* I apologize if this is not the correct section to post this doubt. But to me it seemed the right place!

Thank you very much!

No, but ISP does. Please, ask ISP for real IP if it's possible.

Thank you ryzhov_al!

I've called to vodafone and I found that I was using the APN "net2.vodafone.pt" instead of "internet.vodafone.pt".

The operator told me that the "net2.vodafone.pt" was for iphones and ipads.

I've changed that and I could acess remotely to my router.

I don't know if it was the problem or if they did something there but the problem was resolved! :)

I have a security question. I recently compiled nightly and noticed that upon installation my firmware was receiving a response from a Russian DNS server. Strange, as I don't use any of them in the router config nor on my clients. I perused the source could and found a reference to the IP I saw. Can someone explain it's significance?

user/shared/defaults.c: { "di_addr3", "77.88.8.1" },

I have a security question. I recently compiled nightly and noticed that upon installation my firmware was receiving a response from a Russian DNS server. Strange, as I don't use any of them in the router config nor on my clients. I perused the source could and found a reference to the IP I saw. Can someone explain it's significance?

user/shared/defaults.c: { "di_addr3", "77.88.8.1" },

Well I think I answered my own question. Looks like he hardcoded it as a DNS server option to use first for internet status checks

Andy Padavan
78a382f
rc,httpd,www: new features - internet detector, session traffic for Modem/PPTP/L2TP, DHCP lease expires time, intranet page state in AP mode, internet status in AP mode
2014-07-06

I'll remove it from the code for now, as no offense, but Russian internet services aren't exactly in good security graces right now.

EDIT: And stupid me just realized that you can actually change the defaults through the gui under "Internet Detector"
http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_InetDetect_Content.asp

Last edited:
I'll remove it from the code for now, as no offense, but Russian internet services aren't exactly in good security graces right now.
The same you can say about Open DNS or Google DNS. Place your own IP if you wish.

Attachments

• IPs.PNG
    IPs.PNG
    225.4 KB · Views: 778
is this firmware available for asus ac 68u?

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

I don't know why OpenWrt won't make B1 config. New RT-N56U B1 has number of benefits vs previous version:
  • x2 faster DDR3 memory,
  • IPv4 UDP h/w off-load,
  • IPv6/SIT h/w off-load,
  • QDMA compatible h\w QoS\Shaper,
  • potential L2TP and IPSEC h\w off-load,
  • up to 40MB/s via SAMBA even on USB2.0,
  • cooler then RT3883-based previous RT-N56U,
  • x2 larger SPI flash.
I've attached an image where you can find visual differences between A1 and B1.

I'll need to check my last RT-N56U I got to see which version it is. it's still sitting in the box. I only picked it up as a backup to my main N56U I use in router mode. I currently use three N56U models and two N65U models. If it's a B1 version I'll need to install it if I can actually get access to wireless AC.

Anyone get DDNS working on latest firmware on RT-N56U?

I posted here too https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/issues/502/cannot-get-ddns-client-to-work

I've tried duckdns; afraid.org, noip.com and all result in the same issue... failed to resolve hostname.
Jan 1 03:32:36 inadyn[2711]: Failed resolving hostname arooni.jumpingcrab.com: Name or service not known Jan 1 03:33:16 inadyn[2711]: Failed resolving hostname ip.dnsexit.com: Name or service not known Jan 1 03:33:16 inadyn[2711]: Will retry again after 5 min... Jan 1 03:33:16 inadyn[2711]: FORCED_UPDATE command received, updating now. Jan 1 03:33:56 inadyn[2711]: Failed resolving hostname ip.dnsexit.com: Name or service not known Jan 1 03:33:56 inadyn[2711]: Will retry again after 5 min...

Running latest https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/downloads/RT-N56U_3.4.3.9-099_dlna.trx

Also tried to run it with "Address from WAN Interface" ;; but that just gives me logs like this:
Dec 31 21:47:05 inadyn[2882]: Checking for IP# change, querying interface eth3 Dec 31 21:47:05 inadyn[2882]: Update forced for alias blah.jumpingcrab.com, new IP# 23.25.25.25 Dec 31 21:47:05 inadyn[2882]: Update forced for alias blah.ddns.net, new IP# 23.25.25.25 Dec 31 21:47:35 NTP Client: Synchronizing time to pool.ntp.org.

Ideas?

Otherwise, this is a great firmware, and WAY MORE STABLE and OpenWRT (I'm so sorry I even tried that firmware)

Hello!

I bought, a few days ago, used ASUS RT-N56U, changed U-boot to the latest version from http://n56u.avh.od.ua/uboot/Padavan/asus_rt-n56u/, installed latest nightly, and then tried to compile a fw of my own, as per instructions on Bitbucket.
In the process of compiling i saw this
scr1.PNG scr2.PNG
1. Is this normal? I am Linux noob... If not, what can I do about it?
I have asked my IP for data of PPPoE, and they refused to give me, so now I am able to use it as a Access Point only! :(
Tried to find the way for extracting the PPPoE data from ISP's modem, but everywere are users with the same question.
Maybe someone here can help me with that? Modem in question is ZTE ZXHN H168N V3.1!
2. Is there some comprehensive tutorial for programs that can be installed, on RT-N56U in AP mode only?
Every tutorial i could find is very outdated, and asking for jiff?!?!