What's new

Parental control page problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Boomer

New Around Here
After adding some more rules to "Parental control" the ...//ParentalControl.asp page doesn't show up properly anymore, screenshot attached. This is on a RT-N66U.
I tried to update to the most recent Asuswrt_Merlin version (3.0.0.4.266.23) but this also doesn't resolve the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

• 2013-01-23.jpg
    2013-01-23.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 525
After adding some more rules to "Parental control" the ...//ParentalControl.asp page doesn't show up properly anymore, screenshot attached. This is on a RT-N66U.
I tried to update to the most recent Asuswrt_Merlin version (3.0.0.4.266.23) but this also doesn't resolve the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Probably have a device on your network with an invalid name, or you entered an invalid character while configuring it. You should only use alphanumerical characters, "-" and "_".

Try to unplug all computers but the one used to configure, then reboot the router. See if you regained access.

Asuswrt is quite fragile when it comes to the use of invalid characters.

Thank you for your help. I unplugged all devices from the network and rebooted but still didn't get the full "Parental control" page.
After restoring the router from the GUI to factory default settings the page content displays correctly.
The router is now running on your latest firmware without any problems. :)

Thank you for your help. I unplugged all devices from the network and rebooted but still didn't get the full "Parental control" page.
After restoring the router from the GUI to factory default settings the page content displays correctly.
The router is now running on your latest firmware without any problems. :)

I had same issue. I did a couple of things.
1 - for a lot of devices, I setup dhcp to static assign ip address, and then set a name. For example, An IOS device had name of Emily's Ipad, but I overroad in dhcp by setting name to EmilyIpad.

2 - in parent controls, I don't think there is any requirement at name match real name of device. Before, I was using Emily's Ipad. You can name this to anything, I think. This probably means I didn't need to do #1, but ...

Developer's on this thread help me debug by using the javascript console in browser and you see it dying for this 'bad' names.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!