What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Check for updates for the UEFI/BIOS from your computer mainboard/system provider - I've got a couple of machines that had issues with the BCM43** wifi chipsets that were corrected by UEFI updates...

Apparently, Win10 has a different sleep timeline than earlier versions of Windows - worth a shot, if you ask me...

Check for updates for the UEFI/BIOS from your computer mainboard/system provider - I've got a couple of machines that had issues with the BCM43** wifi chipsets that were corrected by UEFI updates...

Apparently, Win10 has a different sleep timeline than earlier versions of Windows - worth a shot, if you ask me...

I use the Asus P8Z68-V with BIOS from 2012. Tried the driver for the BCM4360 that could be downloaded for the X99 Deluxe (7.35.267.0) today. Since last, I disabled CPU spread spectrum in BIOS and disabled PCIE power saving in OS. I now get channels 1-11 (should be 1-13 here in Europe) and 36 and up to at least 112 that I test. It now seems stable in utorrent without BSOD, at least for the 2-3 h I've been testing. Changing wifi channels leads the service networkuxbroker to crash as before, the adapter has to be deactivated and activated to resume operation. Networkuxbroker behaves fine with driver 2.0.8.8. BSOD should be hardware-error, but there should be software problems as well here...

I use the Asus P8Z68-V with BIOS from 2012. Tried the driver for the BCM4360 that could be downloaded for the X99 Deluxe (7.35.267.0) today. Since last, I disabled CPU spread spectrum in BIOS and disabled PCIE power saving in OS. I now get channels 1-11 (should be 1-13 here in Europe) and 36 and up to at least 112 that I test. It now seems stable in utorrent without BSOD, at least for the 2-3 h I've been testing. Changing wifi channels leads the service networkuxbroker to crash as before, the adapter has to be deactivated and activated to resume operation. Networkuxbroker behaves fine with driver 2.0.8.8. BSOD should be hardware-error, but there should be software problems as well here...

Where do you disable PCIE power saving in Win 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested :)

So far, the best and stable driver is 2.0.8.8 (6.30.223.228 / 06.02.2014), in my case at least (Windows 10 Pro x64 PC with PCE-AC68 and RT-AC56U router).
Here are the wireless settings on router and adapter respectively:
ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC56U - General.jpg ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC56U - Professional.jpg

20/40 Coexistence = Auto
40MHz Intolerant = Disabled
802.11ac VHT Mode = 3
802.11h+d = Loose 11h
802.11n Preamble = Auto
Antenna Diversity = Auto
AP Compatibility Mode = Higher Performance
Association Roam Preference = Disabled
Band Preference = None
Bandwidth Capability = 11a/b/g:20/40MHz
BeamForming = Enabled
Bluetooth Collaboration = Disable
BSS PLCP Header = Auto (Short/Long)
BT-AMP = Disabled
Disable Bands = None
Disable Upon Wired Connect = Disabled (no impact on performance whatsover)
Fragmentation Threshold = 2346
IBSS 54g Protection Mode = Disabled
IBSS Mode = 802.11a/b/g/n Auto
Locally Administered MAC Address = Not Present
Minimum Power Consumption = Disabled
Mixed Cell Support = Disabled
Power Output = 100%
Priority & VLAN = Priority & VLAN Disabled
Rate (802.11a) = Best Rate
Rate (802.11b/g) = Best Rate
Roam Tendency = Auto
Roaming Decision = Auto
RTS Threshold = 2347
Short GI = Auto
WMM = Enabled
WZC IBSS Channel Number = 11(20MHz)
XPress Technology = Enabled
WAN is 500Mbps/25Mbps cable connection.

(Wireless) Speed test results:
Code:
Last Result:
Download Speed: 470521 kbps (58815.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 25263 kbps (3157.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 7 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
20.01.2016, 19:01:10

I hope this will help.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks. Didn't know these 2 things can cause BSOD

I didn't either. I don't have any BSOD issues so I have mine on moderating power saving(default). I'm still using win8 drivers. Report back if the turning off the power saving improves stability on the newer drivers.

For anyone interested :)

So far, the best and stable driver is 2.0.8.8 (6.30.223.228 / 06.02.2014), in my case at least (Windows 10 Pro x64 PC with PCE-AC68 and RT-AC56U router).
Here are the wireless settings on router and adapter respectively:

Thank you sir! And everybody else that has contributed to this thread.
I just upgraded my computer with a better graphicscard, some new disks and so on. Also bought this network adapter (though didn't install it right on)
Then went on to install Win10. Good, or so I thought. After everythink was set and done, and tweaked the way I like it the dreaded BSOD started to come. I had just installed the network card, using the latest drivers.
I did also have uTorrent running.

But BANG. Bluescreen "page fault in nonpaged area". Restart, wait a couple of minutes and then BSOD again. Repeat. Scratched my head, did some things before I went on installing Win10 again. But no, same thing happend.
Luckily today I just discovered this thread after some intense googling the "page fault.." BSOD.

I have just installed the v2.0.8.8 driver and not a crash so far :D So happy, went mad of all the bluescreens with no clue why...
The connection is good, 1.3Gbps - better than the latest Win10 driver I would say. Using the ac87u-router maybe 5-6meter away.

I'm really hoping Asus get their shirt together and release a good stable, working Win10 driver with good performance.
In the meantime; lets keep this thread alive :)

I wonder why that v2.0.8.8 works so well in Windows 10, yet the 6+ versions after that (v3) don't

This is the famous 2.0.8.8 driver?
ASUS PCE-AC68 utility 2.0.8.8
Driver version Number: 6.30.223.228
Support OS: Win10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ XP

Last edited:
Yesterday I discovered that my Windows eventlog was beeing spammed with this error;
"The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error:The system cannot find the file specified" Event Id 7000
Every few seconds the message appeared again and again.

Did a Google-search and found out this solution which works. I'm using the v.2.0.8.8 driver by the way.

1- Disable Bluetooth Collaboration in the advanced tab of the AC68 network adapter properties

2- Change the start registry key Hkey_Local_Machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\BCM42RLY from the value 3 to the value 4 in Hex

After a few weeks can you guys confirm that 2.0.8.8 driver fixes "page fault in nonpaged area bsod"?

Are there any MU-MIMO support in any Win 10 drivers ?

Last edited:
Hey guys. Sorry I'm posting something not really relevant to the windows 10 issues but I need your guys help. I got a PCE-AC68 for like half price on ebay but didnt realize it only came with a low profile bracket. Its like impossible to find a full length bracket for this thing anywhere and I've even gone to Asus support for it. If any of you have a spare full length bracket and are not using it I would REALLY appreciate if any of you could mail it to me. I will be happy to pay for it and pay for the shipping via paypal. Thank you!

Hey guys. Sorry I'm posting something not really relevant to the windows 10 issues but I need your guys help. I got a PCE-AC68 for like half price on ebay but didnt realize it only came with a low profile bracket. Its like impossible to find a full length bracket for this thing anywhere and I've even gone to Asus support for it. If any of you have a spare full length bracket and are not using it I would REALLY appreciate if any of you could mail it to me. I will be happy to pay for it and pay for the shipping via paypal. Thank you!

For a second, I didn't think they even provided a half-height bracket, but google set me straight...

Unknown.jpeg

Probably have to get a blank PCI slot, and a drill to fabricate your own end-plate...