What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

They tease a pce-ac88 which uses BCM4366.

Would be interesting to see - perhaps they'll even do a 4*4:4 implementation, which even without MU-MIMO, would be a nice companion adapter to a 4-stream AP...

But - needs to have solid/stable drivers for Win10/8/7 and preferable for alternate OS like Linux and Mac..

can confirm 2.0.8.8 is the only driver with no BSOD

(man I build a new computer and only had 1 bsod a week (not hours on computer) and was very worried its something with my new build.. till I looked at the memory dumps for windows)

hi guys

have installed

Version 2.1.1.4

Description ASUS PCE-AC68 Utility 2.1.1.4
It is for all sku except EU
Support OS: Win 7/8/8.1/XP/10

Updated driver version to 7.35.315.0

[Please note]This version is driver only. Before installing this version, please uninstall pervious PCE-AC68 utility
File Size 89.11 MBytesupdate

and although the 5 gig side of it is working fine no matter what i do or try i cant get the adapter to connect on the 2.4 gig above 216M sync rate

i have confirmed the 2.4 gig is set to 40mhz and obss co existence is disabled on the router and inssider is showing the router ( various routers ) is using 5 channels and thus 40mhz but its like the adapter its self is forcing obss coexistence

can anyone that has the pce-ac68 install this if they have windows 10 64 bit and see if the same occurs

i will chase this up with asus as well , just wanted to check with some other users first

thanks

pete

hello guys, i've installed the latest asus drivers 2.1.1.5 and i couldn't see boamforming option in the driver settings, then i unistalled that driver and installed the broadcom driver that you guys recommended from
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...ory&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=2147&lang=en
i installed that and i still don't see beamfoaming option on the driver, here's a picture http://i.imgur.com/EVH0qeI.png
I think beamforming might be broken. It's in driver 6.30.223.228. however it'll cause high latency spikes. I try the newer driver which doesn't have latency spikes but it doesn't seem to improve anything. I might too faraway to router to benefit from the beamforming.

Last edited:
snip
pete
Yes, the drivers cap it at 216. Only the old win8.1 driver works properly. It the last driver that has TurboQAM support. In my opinion 5Ghz band performance is better with older drivers.
I hope this still true when the Win10 Redstone upgrade releases.

w
In my opinion 5Ghz band performance is better with older drivers.
I hope this still true when the Win10
ell i can tell you that under win 8.1 the ac68 seemed to be limited to about 70MB/s download , with the new win 10 drivers only im seeing much faster 5 gig throughput and close to the 117MB/s giga ethernet speed , its just the 2.4 gig is very restricted , i have contacted my asus dude who is following it up with the code monkeys :)

w

ell i can tell you that under win 8.1 the ac68 seemed to be limited to about 70MB/s download , with the new win 10 drivers only im seeing much faster 5 gig throughput and close to the 117MB/s giga ethernet speed , its just the 2.4 gig is very restricted , i have contacted my asus dude who is following it up with the code monkeys :)
Is the driver stable for you? I remember the driver crash my PC if I speedtest.
www.dslreports.com/speedtest

hi guys

have installed

Version 2.1.1.4

Description ASUS PCE-AC68 Utility 2.1.1.4
It is for all sku except EU
Support OS: Win 7/8/8.1/XP/10

Updated driver version to 7.35.315.0

[Please note]This version is driver only. Before installing this version, please uninstall pervious PCE-AC68 utility
File Size 89.11 MBytesupdate

and although the 5 gig side of it is working fine no matter what i do or try i cant get the adapter to connect on the 2.4 gig above 216M sync rate

i have confirmed the 2.4 gig is set to 40mhz and obss co existence is disabled on the router and inssider is showing the router ( various routers ) is using 5 channels and thus 40mhz but its like the adapter its self is forcing obss coexistence

can anyone that has the pce-ac68 install this if they have windows 10 64 bit and see if the same occurs

i will chase this up with asus as well , just wanted to check with some other users first

thanks

pete
I have the same problem, on 2.4GHz it won't go more than 216.5 mbps. I have the driver version 7.35.315.0 on my Windows 10 installed.

Folks getting only 216, check your advanced settings in the Device manager - the defaults are very conservative...

Folks getting only 216, check your advanced settings in the Device manager - the defaults are very conservative...

posted this else where but

after mucking around with the setting for the adapter i have managed to get it to sync at a max 450M to the asus rt-ac68u

it wont go higher that 450M which means the qam-256 isnt working but at least i have forced it off 216M max

here what i changed in the adapters config page under advanced

20/40 co existence to disabled

2g bandwidth set to 20/40mhz

40mhz intolerant - disabled

left the rest as it was

hope that helps

this is using driver version - 7.35.315.0 on windows 10 pro

which is the latest drivers available

https://www.asus.com/au/Networking/PCEAC68/HelpDesk_Download/

wouldnt touch a non asus web site drive

Id just got the ac68 today, connecting to my "linksys wrt1900ac" router. I was looking for some drivers to use when i found this page and i downloaded the ones from your link.
I get a 1300mbit connection to the router 5ghz band, and around 960mbit to internet (i have a 1000/1000mbit internet connection). I never tried any Asus drivers so i have nothing to compare against, but i gotta say this card really delivers.

Windows 10

n_tet.jpg

Has anyone been able to resolve this? I am tearing my hair out. I just bought this wireless adaptor and it was bloody expensive and it doesnt work properly !

I have tried all of this:

- Older drivers ( the 2.0.0.8 version you guys have said has been stable is crap, the download speeds are ok but file transfer speeds wont even go higher than 355kb/s)
- New utorrent version
- completely different torrent client
- Broadcom driver 7.35.317.3 WHQL

- Device Manager > Network adaptor Properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power > untick
- 20/40 co-existence to disabled
- 2g bandwidth set to 20/40mhz
- 40mhz intolerant - disabled

My only other options I have to try but really really suck if i need to resort to these are:
- revert back to windows 8 or 7
- sell the adaptor and buy another one ( bought it from ebay)

I tried e-mailing Asus last night but when i tried to submit my ticket it said "operation failed try later"

These fixed my issue. I was having BSOD when trying to get local Hyper-V VMs to work with network internet access. I'm on Windows10 and was going through various ASUS provided drivers with no luck. I went back to latest from Asus (UT_PCE_AC68_2114) and was resigned to go buy a new network adapter, but then I found this thread and this driver 7.35.317.3 WHQL. Working great now!

These fixed my issue. I was having BSOD when trying to get local Hyper-V VMs to work with network internet access. I'm on Windows10 and was going through various ASUS provided drivers with no luck. I went back to latest from Asus (UT_PCE_AC68_2114) and was resigned to go buy a new network adapter, but then I found this thread and this driver 7.35.317.3 WHQL. Working great now!
After many doubts I've installed 7.35.317.3 today because Windows had the brilliant idea to update to 7.33.315.0 once again (had been using the 6.xxx versions previously because all 7.xxx ones were giving me BSOD). I've been downloading torrents at full speed for a few hours now and it has not flinched once. I think this driver is good to go! I'm pretty sure because all others would crash as soon as torrent downloads started to speed up. Other than that I haven't fiddled with any settings or beamforming or anything.

Hello guys ! I had the same problems while downloading with P2P, and there is a new driver from asus website since two weeks !! 7.35.351