What's new

Performance tips with RT-AC1900P and Merlin 384.4?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob Q

Hello,
I just purchased the RT-AC1900P and just installed Merlin 384.4. I was surprised how the connection to my 802.11n devices where slower than my older Netgear WNDR3700v1 with dd-wrt.
I've improved the speed the laptop on the 2.4 GHz band by choosing 802.11n only and a 40 MHz bandwidth and I did that to the 5 GHz radio as well. The only problem device, really is the DCS-936L. It was giving me 20 FPS with the old router but now I'm only getting 5 FPS and lots of lag. Not sure if there are some settings or advanced settings that need to be changed.
Netflix is loading a little slow on the Roku sticks on the 5 GHz network, normally they start playing at 5 Mbps but now they start off slow at 2 Mbps and slowly work their way up. My old router had an feature for the 5 GHz radio for a 'video network'.
Any tips and suggestions here would be greatly appericated.

Thanks! :)

Wireless devices:
2 laptops (2.4 Ghz, 802.11 draft n, great signal),
2 Roku sticks (5 Ghz, great signal, 802.11n),
1 D-Link DCS-936L (2.4 Ghz, good signal, 802.11n)
1 Canon printer (2.4 Ghz, not the best signal, 802.11n)

Wired devices:
1 desktop (10/100/1000)
1 NAS (10/100/1000)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    224.1 KB · Views: 712
It's not necessarily the connection though. Okay.. well.. maybe the camera because when I put my hand in front of it, the playback drops out.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 508

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!