What's new

Phone cable.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm have a phone extension lead that I then plug the phone in to but want to replace it with just one wire. The bit that plugs in to the phone is rj11 2pin with a 4pin phone end that plugs in master socket.

Do I need a 4pin cable, or a 2 pin for me to do this also cross over or straight

Tock pick of the phone back etc.

Photo 1: 6p4c
Photo 2: 6p2c

Easy.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EVS5UZ2/?tag=smallncom-21

Hi so tested the cable I have bt plug pin2 gos to rj11 pin 3. Bt plug pin 3,4 nothing and bt plug pin 5 to rj11 pin 2.

Last edited:
So, I'm checking to see if I can get that type of cabe.
Else i'm thinking I will buy a new ext cable cut the ends off and run a new socket throw the wall, it should work?

So, I'm checking to see if I can get that type of cabe.
Else i'm thinking I will buy a new ext cable cut the ends off and run a new socket throw the wall, it should work?
If you want to run a extension to a new socket you can buy kits for that (which include wire, sockets, wall clips and a punchdown tool). You could even cut the ends off your 4-wire straight through cable and then you might only need a socket and maybe a punchdown tool. It would be better to connect the master socket end of the cable properly behind the faceplate. See these videos and check if your master socket has the same sort of connectors.

Will see if I can get a cable, else will end up sticking with what I got. It's only the land line, I'll run it under the carpet

I have a bt mk2 socket at mo yet will be swaping back to my bt mk5 as ment to be better, changed it due to my line problems to check if that was at fault.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!