What's new

Photo of the wizard's lab, 2021 edition

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Got a few new (and not so new) routers recently, and was asked for an updated photo of the lab setup, so here it is. Minus two routers that are in another room, and a third one that's not shown here because it's still under embargo:

IMG_20210611_135623.jpg

Is that a Linksys Atlas Max 6E Mesh on the bottom left?

Last edited:
I'm sure you don't run out of connections lol

Feels big that all Merlin-firmware in routers around the world is born here :)

Is that a Linksys Atlas Max 6E Mesh on the bottom left?
The white one? No, it's a QNAP TS-228A, which I use to store backups from my main NAS.
Ah, now I see it. looks like a GT-AXE11000. please share your experience with it later
Don't have much to say, I don't actually use it. I use an RT-AX88U as my main router.

o_O with all that radiation around - best keep a careful watch on your forehead for emergence of the Merlin third eye ...
Merlin-third-eye3.jpg

:D

Is the router still under embargo also a 6E model?

Nice....I see the AXE.

Are all these routers setup in AiMesh mode haha jk.

Looks like u have your hands full.

Imagined I would see a bubbling caldron of transformer oil or a tank of SF 6! Certainly some high voltage gloves at the least....

Don't have much to say, I don't actually use it. I use an RT-AX88U as my main router.
Im surprised the GT-AX11000 is not the main router.

Yea. What makes the AX88U so special???

Thanks for the peek.

I can't wait to show that photo to my wife and tell her that is what we are going to have to put in the living room to keep our wifi running!

Im surprised the GT-AX11000 is not the main router.
Yea. What makes the AX88U so special???
At the time it was the best router I had in hand (it replaced an RT-AC88U, and I already had an RT-AC86U for HND-related tests and development, so I could devote the RT-AX88U to 24/7 duties as my main router).

And I have no reason to replace it with anything else at the moment. A bulkier GT-AX11000 would add absolutely nothing to my network, I have no need for a second 5 GHz band. And my LAN switches are only Gigabit, so I currently have no use for a 2.5 Gbps port.

@RMerlin In your opinion, is the AX86U best to get for AC88 Wi-Fi cards, LAN LACP and of course is support by your good self or something in the pipeline to wait for, "if" price not a factor ?