What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am using version P of openssl lib and have no problem switching back to the optimise lib.

Are you running the version P update of the openssl lib?

Without the optimization flag, it's likely to cause such memory issue. Either switch back to version n-1c of the test lib (should be okay if you're not using any openssl related services such as SSH, OpenVPN etc from Entware).

Or wait a bit longer and see if I could offer you something better.

I am using version P of openssl lib and have no problem switching back to the optimise lib.

Perhaps not for long. I'm planning to offer a statically linked version of pixelserv-tls that will:
  • contain pixelserv-tls + OpenSSL 1.1.1 in a single binary
  • allow people to run TLS 1.3 without waiting for OpenSSL 1.1.1 in Entware
  • enable the optimization flag as well
  • still depend on Entware for the rest of system libraries except OpenSSL lib.
The binary size will be bigger around 1.5MB instead of 50KB (OpenSSL library alone is about 1.5MB).

In the past like few years ago, people had some question of bigger size. However, now I think we have enough tech users to explain to the rest. Also, this will be an opt-in option.

Perhaps not for long. I'm planning to offer a statically linked version of pixelserv-tls that will:
The binary size will be bigger around 1.5MB instead of 50KB (OpenSSL library alone is about 1.5MB).

In the past like few years ago, people had some question of bigger size. However, now I think we have enough tech users to explain to the rest. Also, this will be an opt-in option.

When when when when when when when when?????????? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji13]

Woohoo... come on baby... give it to me, baby..

Damn! Waiting.. Waiting... Waiting... :rolleyes:

As mentioned by a few others Tav is very low in this build looking good so far.

Code:
pixelserv-tls 2.2.0-rc.2 (compiled: Sep 15 2018 09:21:40) options: 192.168.1.3

uts 6d 04:16 process uptime
log 1 critical (0) error (1) warning (2) notice (3) info (4) debug (5)
kcc 5 number of active service threads
kmx 21 maximum number of service threads
kvg 1.29 average number of requests per service thread
krq 411 max number of requests by one service thread

req 39169 total # of requests (HTTP, HTTPS, success, failure etc)
avg 887 bytes average size of requests
rmx 8801 bytes largest size of request(s)
tav 3 ms average processing time (per request)
tmx 2933 ms longest processing time (per request)

slh 20904 # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm 139 # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle 0 # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but bad)
slc 8871 # of dropped HTTPS requests (client disconnect without sending any request)
slu 8075 # of dropped HTTPS requests (other TLS handshake errors)
uca 27 slu break-down: # of unknown CA reported by clients
uce 1553 slu break-down: # of unknown cert reported by clients
ush 5521 slu break-down: # of shutdown by clients after ServerHello

As mentioned by a few others Tav is very low in this build looking good so far.

Also a huge improvement on your side that HTTPS ads > 50% (slh/req) now. If I remember correctly, it's much higher than you ever posted here.

Yeah baby! *insert twerking emoji here*

SHVuPSX.png

I can totally relate to that now. Thanks for your continous efforts @kvic :)
Ditto, just installed Firefox 63 Beta for this :)
Great idea to statically link in the OpenSSL 1.1.1 binaries that will *never* get to my router as it is End of Life.

Many Thanks.

@kvic just want to mention your website is incorrect, I believe, it says to test if Tls1.3 is active, load /servstats in the browser, but AsusWRT uses tls 1.2. You must use a website that supports tls 1.3, like facebook.com, or russia-insider.com

I believe you are wrong, actually...
Oh that makes sense, as pixelserv is using its own webserver. Though I see the same TLS1.2 in both firefox & chrome. I only see TLS 1.3 on TLS 1.3 enabled websites. I cleared all ca's. Using ab-solution... any thoughts?
whatisee.png

Last edited:
I see the same TLS1.2 in both firefox & chrome. I only see TLS 1.3 on TLS 1.3 enabled websites.
  • Did you purge the old certificates? (not sure whether this is relevant, just mentioning it for sake of completeness) (ah, you just edited your post, so yes you have)
  • Did you restart pixelserv-tls after upgrading?
  • Are you using the recommended browsers (Firefox v63 beta or Chrome v70 dev)?

If all answers are yes, I'm pinging @kvic for assistance.