What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Kvic
I am getting this error in amtm - when trying to update pixelserv - any ideas

pixelserv-tls: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot opy
4 update pixelserv-tls beta vvlikely v.Kk (not running)

Run the below one-liner should fix any errors.
Code:
_binfavor=static sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"
This (as mentioned on https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/) will install the latest statically linked pixelserv-tls binary.

There is on-going benefit to run the statically linked pixelserv-tls binary because Entware/OpenWRT's OpenSSL 1.1.x library doesn't enable memory optimization. The static binary will likely to have newer OpenSSL library included too.

Run the below one-liner should fix any errors.
Code:
_binfavor=static sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"
This (as mentioned on https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/) will install the latest statically linked pixelserv-tls binary.

There is on-going benefit to run the statically linked pixelserv-tls binary because Entware/OpenWRT's OpenSSL 1.1.x library doesn't enable memory optimization. The static binary will likely to have newer OpenSSL library included too.

Kvic
still says Pixelserv not running after loading amtm. I think its probably Entware as I tried to update Entware outside of Diversion and then ran the upgrade from within Diversion as well

Mar 24 16:41:58 joescian: Started pixelserv-tls from .
Mar 24 16:41:58 pixelserv-tls[3150]: pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Feb 27 2019 13:10:51 flags: tls1_3) options: <none>
Mar 24 16:41:58 pixelserv-tls[3150]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.crt
Mar 24 16:41:58 pixelserv-tls[3150]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.key
Mar 24 16:41:58 pixelserv-tls[3150]: Listening on :*:443
Mar 24 16:41:58 pixelserv-tls[3150]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80

Last edited:
I think its probably Entware as I tried to update Entware outside of Diversion and then ran the upgrade from within Diversion as well

OpenSSL is upgraded to 1.1.x in Entware/Openwrt. I think this is going to upset some of the "automation installers" commonly used on this forum unable to handle unforeseen situations..

Try manual start (and in future if you see similar errors..)
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls restart
I tried and this is still an issue below
Code:
r 24 16:56:47 joescian: Started pixelserv-tls from .
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Feb 27 2019 13:10:51 flags: tls1_3) options: <none>
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.crt
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.key
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: Listening on :*:443
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80

PS there are no files in /opt/etc/ssl/certs - is that the issue?

Code:
r 24 16:56:47 joescian: Started pixelserv-tls from .
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Feb 27 2019 13:10:51 flags: tls1_3) options: <none>
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.crt
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: cert_tlstor_init: failed to load ca.key
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: Listening on :*:443
Mar 24 16:56:47 pixelserv-tls[18295]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80

The first two errors (failed lo load..) seem to tell you've wiped out your Diversion installation? Do you see the files in the dir? Try "ls -l /opt/var/cache/pixelserv/ca*"

The last error (abort..) seems to tell your "S80pixelserv-tls" is overwritten by your Entware update actions.

Perhaps you shall re-install Diversion, and then restore from backup's. Or manually fix the errors. Whichever way you find it'll be easier for you..

OK - there are no files in /opt/var/cache/pixelserv/
I will reinstall diversion and see how it goes

Thanks Kvic - all fixed now - also confusion on my part with Diversion Lite and Diversion Standard - only Standard contains Pixelserv.

pixelserv-tls: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You need to run opkg update/opkg upgrade. A lot of packages are going to run into similar issues (stubby was another)

Do we need an updated pixelserv-tls binary to use that, or can we just switch from the static to the dynamically linked version?
Ah, that’s (of course?) included in this Entware update!

Nice timing, as rumor has it that Apple will release iOS 12.2 tomorrow, and I believe they enable the new TLS by default in that version?

Do we need an updated pixelserv-tls binary to use that, or can we just switch from the static to the dynamically linked version?
As @kvic mentioned, the static linked version has the benefit of being compiled with a memory optimization flag which pretty dramatically cuts down on memory use by pixelserv. For the moment I'm going to continue with it while the dust settles.

As @kvic mentioned, the static linked version has the benefit of being compiled with a memory optimization flag which pretty dramatically cuts down on memory use by pixelserv. For the moment I'm going to continue with it while the dust settles.
What should those of us do who don’t use Entware as such, but use pixelserv-tls with Diversion, should we do nothing because any necessary changes will be incorporated through Diversion updates?

Because I couldn't help myself, I ran opkg update/upgrade.

1. This will overwrite the static build of 2.2.1 (2/27/19) with a dynamic build of 2.2.1 (3/22/19). Rerun amtm to restore.
2. This will overwrite the S80pixelserv so lovingly created by diversion, so before doing it make a backup to restore after.
3. This will overwrite the S01syslog-ng file, which needs to be customized to work, so make a backup to restore after.
4. This will not overwrite the syslog-ng.conf and logrotate.conf file (yay!). The syslog-ng.conf file is updated to version 3.19, and moves the @include statement as requested by @cmkelley . Although I see it moves it to before the source definitions, so I am not sure if it works if you have destinations, filters and logging defined in the subdirectory that uses those sources if they are not yet defined. It also adds TLS support if you have the key/crt files (does that help us?) and scl.conf support (does that help us?) The logrotate file is the same.

EDIT: Yikes. More:

1. Syslog-ng won't start with the TLS source defined as it is in the default log. Comment out the whole TLS source thing. Fails the -s test too.
2. I also upgraded Stubby through AMTM, and that borked my internet connection. I disabled it by deleting the WAN DNS address and going to "connect automatically" for the moment.

Last edited:
Because I couldn't help myself, I ran opkg update/upgrade.

1. This will overwrite the static build of 2.2.1 (2/27/19) with a dynamic build of 2.2.1 (3/22/19). Rerun amtm to restore.
2. This will overwrite the S80pixelserv so lovingly created by diversion, so before doing it make a backup to restore after.
3. This will overwrite the S01syslog-ng file, which needs to be customized to work, so make a backup to restore after.
4. This will not overwrite the syslog-ng.conf and logrotate.conf file (yay!). The syslog-ng.conf file is updated to version 3.19, and moves the @include statement as requested by @cmkelley . Although I see it moves it to before the source definitions, so I am not sure if it works if you have destinations, filters and logging defined in the subdirectory that uses those sources if they are not yet defined. It also adds TLS support if you have the key/crt files (does that help us?) and scl.conf support (does that help us?) The logrotate file is the same.
Dust settled very fast where you are?

Dust settled very fast where you are?
She who must be obeyed says she'll have my guts for garters. A proper dust-up we had.

Oops, did not know that and upgraded before I saw your post.

What do I loose by this?
A lot, pixelserv will not start. Just open Diversion and enter ep and restart pixelserv-tls.
This will restore the proper (lovingly curated and coded by the Diversion developer) S80 start file.

This is not the first rodeo for Diversion...