What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah I think I'll wait to update to pixelserv 2.3.1 via amtm as well, unless someone has precise step by step instructions on how to do it without blowing anything up :p

I'm currently running Jack's 2.3.0 version and just updated Diversion to 4.1.7.
Beyond @kvic's instructions?
Code:
Installation for early adopters on Entware
Download the binary from Github. aarch64 for 64-bit ARM routers/servers. armv7 for 32-bit ARM routers/servers. Unzip the archive, locate & rename 'pixelserv-tls.<your architecture>.performance.dynamic' to 'pixelserv-tls'. Upload the file to your router/server and replace the one of the same name in '/opt/bin'.

Caution: If you're upgrading from v2.2.1-1 or earlier, remember to delete all certificate files except 'ca.crt' and 'ca.key' in '/opt/var/cache/pixelserv' and then restart pixelserv-tls.

Caution: For users running the unofficial 'v2.3.0' patch to support Apple software, you're recommended to upgrade to v2.3.1 because I see a memory leakage in the patch that will de-stabilize your routers/servers.

If you use pixelserv and diversion than check out this post from thelonelycoder with an explanation when to update the certificate and when it's fine to keep the existing one.

I just updated Diversion to 4.1.8.

Regenerated my certs

Then updated Pixelserv to 2.3.1 which was easy just had to replace the file on the router.

Everything seems fine now.

I did :(

I have the RT-AC5300 router... which one of the files should I be using? aarch64 for 64-bit ARM routers/servers or armv7 for 32-bit ARM routers/servers.

My hunch would be aarch64 but I'm not 100% certain.

Thanks again for clarifying.

As far as I know the only two HND aarch64 routers are the AC86U and the AX88U!

One last question. I have renamed the file in question to "pixelserv-tls" and it's on my Mac Desktop.

I logged into my router via Terminal and am currently in the right place, /opt/bin/ (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 8.43.03 PM.png

What's the command I should be using to copy the file from my Desktop to this location, in order to replace the current one?

Also, once replaced, do I simply restart the router to ensure everything kicks in properly?

Thanks again.

One last question. I have renamed the file in question to "pixelserv-tls" and it's on my Mac Desktop.

I logged into my router via Terminal and am currently in the right place, /opt/bin/ (see screenshot)

View attachment 20446

What's the command I should be using to copy the file from my Desktop to this location, in order to replace the current one?

Also, once replaced, do I simply restart the router to ensure everything kicks in properly?

Thanks again.

I'm not familiar with the copy and pasting structure on a mac so someone will have to chime in.

I disabled pixelserv in the diversion menu before doing the upgrade as the file would have been in use. Once that was done then I copied it over and restarted the service no router reboot needed.

Reactions: #TY
I'm not familiar with the copy and pasting structure on a mac so someone will have to chime in.
It's unfamiliar to me as well unfortunately. If anyone can shed some light, it would be really appreciated. Thanks :)

Copy and paste does not work for file transfers, you need SFTP, a Secure File Transfer Protocol agent. There are many. I suggest you do a Google search for "secure ftp for mac" and choose the one that fits your needs for features and cost.

Copy and paste does not work for file transfers, you need SFTP, a Secure File Transfer Protocol agent. There are many. I suggest you do a Google search for "secure ftp for mac" and choose the one that fits your needs for features and cost.
I use "Transmit" but SFTP doesn't seem to connect. Is there a setting I need to enable on the router to allow for SFTP?

It's unfamiliar to me as well unfortunately. If anyone can shed some light, it would be really appreciated. Thanks :)
I simply temporarily enable the router's built-in FTP server (LAN access only with anonymous FTP disabled) to transfer the file from my Mac using FileZilla (my preferred FTP client).

I use "Transmit" but SFTP doesn't seem to connect. Is there a setting I need to enable on the router to allow for SFTP?
Yes, you need the openssh-sftp-server from Entware.
Code:
opkg install openssh-sftp-server

edit

I use FileZilla on Linux as stated by @visortgw. I use it so many times every day for various functions that I felt having a secure FTP server was best for me, YMMV.

Ok so I've successfully installed the openssh-sftp-server. Am I supposed to see it somewhere in the router GUI? I've been looking but haven't found anything so far.

Ok so I've successfully installed the openssh-sftp-server. Am I supposed to see it somewhere in the router GUI? I've been looking but haven't found anything so far.
No, just launch your SFTP agent and you will get prompted for security access, nothing more to do, at least on my end (Linux PC to Linux router).

Reactions: #TY