What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When pixelserv is disabled, be aware that it will restart once the router is rebooted at least that's my experience.
That doesn't happen for me. I have had it disabled and have a nightly reboot job configured. I've never had to turn it off a second time.

RT-AC86U

Oh, so anyway to uninstall pixelserv then ! But keep Diversion.
Not at the moment. But disabling it is practically the same, from an operational point of view.

When pixelserv is disabled, be aware that it will restart once the router is rebooted at least that's my experience.
Not if it has been disabled through Diversion.

Oh, so anyway to uninstall pixelserv then ! But keep Diversion.

opkg remove pixelserv-tls

This will remove pixelserv-tls package from your router, though I don't know for sure if removing this manually will have any hazardous effects on Diversion so do it on your own risk.

Edit: Fixed the type, but DO NOT do it, read the later replies.

Last edited:
opke remove pixelserv-tls

This will remove pixelserv-tls package from your router, though I don't know for sure if removing this manually will have any hazardous effects on Diversion so do it on your own risk.
Did you mean:
Code:
And it does matter, I have no check for such foolishness built in. The result would be an unstable system if one accidentally enables pixelserv-tls:
Code:
 Starting pixelserv-tls (Diversion)... already running
/opt/bin/diversion: line 100: pixelserv-tls: not found
Why remove the package? If pixelserv-tls has been disabled with ep, 1 then it will not start again, no matter what.

Did you mean:
Code:
And it does matter, I have no check for such foolishness built in. The result would be an unstable system if one accidentally enables pixelserv-tls:
Code:
 Starting pixelserv-tls (Diversion)... already running
/opt/bin/diversion: line 100: pixelserv-tls: not found
Why remove the package? If pixelserv-tls has been disabled with ep, 1 then it will not start again, no matter what.

Yep opkg (autocorrects puff)

I no longer use pixelserv-tls and using Diversion lite so I didn't test the repurcussions for that in advance and that's exactly why I said do it on your own risk lol but you're right it's really isn't necessary if pixelserv-tls is already disabled.

I believe, I already half of these WL...let me try those new ones and I'll enabled pixelserv again and will report back. Wish me luck...

is this an easy copy and paste using WinSCP?
I recommend using SSH
nano /opt/share/diversion/list/whitelist*
copy and paste the list
open diversion
use el.
first open the whitelist section and tell it to sort and verify,
then choose the option to process list.

Edit ** forgot to add the share part***

Last edited:
I believe, I already half of these WL...let me try those new ones and I'll enabled pixelserv again and will report back. Wish me luck...
Let me know how well it works for you, at-least to your added advantage it still might be beneficial to whitelist all of them anyway z for the use of amazon on smart devices and what have you.

Let me know how well it works for you, at-least to your added advantage it still might be beneficial to whitelist all of them anyway z for the use of amazon on smart devices and what have you.
Ok...I've updated the list and sorted/processed the new list. I also enabled pixelserv and tried using the Amazon app. Initially, the app opened but I quickly saw the sad "dog" image and the message "app can't be used". I went back and processed the list again, restarted Diversion (and forced updated as well) and I also updated the entware packages (don't think this was required). Didn't tell my wife anything and she was using the app earlier with no complaints....wow...so far so good !!!! Really appreciated this...so Amazon app working with pixelserv-tls enabled at this time! I'll continue to monitor...

Ok...I've updated the list and sorted/processed the new list. I also enabled pixelserv and tried using the Amazon app. Initially, the app opened but I quickly saw the sad "dog" image and the message "app can't be used". I went back and processed the list again, restarted Diversion (and forced updated as well) and I also updated the entware packages (don't think this was required). Didn't tell my wife anything and she was using the app earlier with no complaints....wow...so far so good !!!! Really appreciated this...so Amazon app working with pixelserv-tls enabled at this time! I'll continue to monitor...
another positive effect is some of those domains work for the alexas as well.

another positive effect is some of those domains work for the alexas as well.
I have the sad dog issue as well. I am from Canada and trying to access amazon.ca through the app. I followed exactly the steps including forced update and still have the sad dog. This is what I get when I follow the log
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: query[A] unagi-na.amazon.com from 192.168.2.108
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: forwarded unagi-na.amazon.com to 206.248.154.22
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 52.94.232.195
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 52.46.145.112
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 54.239.29.0

Any ideas

I have the sad dog issue as well. I am from Canada and trying to access amazon.ca through the app. I followed exactly the steps including forced update and still have the sad dog. This is what I get when I follow the log
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: query[A] unagi-na.amazon.com from 192.168.2.108
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: forwarded unagi-na.amazon.com to 206.248.154.22
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 52.94.232.195
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 52.46.145.112
22:24:04 dnsmasq[20112]: reply unagi-na.amazon.com is 54.239.29.0

Any ideas
White list
Code:
unagi-na.amazon.com
Follow steps with processing and clear your dns as well. That is one of those regional ones not listed.

White list
Code:
unagi-na.amazon.com
Follow steps with processing and clear your dns as well. That is one of those regional ones not listed.
This domain is in the list that you posted...unagi-na.amazon.com the second from the bottom of your list.
I am not sure how do I clear my dns?

Thanks

and manually set DNS Servers?

Thanks
Only if you prefer. LAN DHCP DNS should be blank, but WAN DNS can be ISP or your favorite public DNS provider. No difference for Diversion.

I did everything you did (except I told my wife) with pixelserv and I cannot get the Amazon app to work other then the sad dog. Any other ideas.

I did everything you did (except I told my wife) with pixelserv and I cannot get the Amazon app to work other then the sad dog. Any other ideas.
So, you have whitelisted all the recommended domains correct? Try re-processing the new WL and force update Diversion. I also, updated the Entware packages but I doubt it was unnecessary!

I had the 'sad' dog image showed once after doing this but it disappeared after I forced close the amazon app. It's working again for me but maybe someone else can recommend additional input.

You might have to double check all your domains to ensure you have whitelisted than correctly! For a couple of them it did advise that I already had them thru Skynet or something to do with Skynet and I still added them to WL.