What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After 1 day, still no crash. And I can browse Tapatalk without any problem too.

Code:
pixelserv-tls: v2.0.1-rc2 compiled: Dec 8 2017 01:13:34 options: 192.168.2.2 -l 5

uts    1d 00:42    process uptime
log    5    critical (0) error (1) warning (2) notice (3) info (4) debug (5)
kcc    2    number of active service threads
kmx    28    maximum number of service threads
kvg    2.00    average number of requests per service thread
krq    36    max number of requests by one service thread
req    3594    total # of requests (HTTP, HTTPS, success, failure etc)
avg    801 bytes    average size of requests
rmx    8960 bytes    largest size of request(s)
tav    67 ms    average processing time (per request)
tmx    290719 ms    longest processing time (per request)
slh    1112    # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm    4    # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle    0    # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but bad)
slc    778    # of dropped HTTPS requests (client disconnect without sending any request)
slu    37    # of dropped HTTPS requests (unknown error)

@kvic @thelonelycoder

I can crash pixelserv-tls whenever I want with the following;

-from AB-Solution go to "ps" and "Add or remove pixelserv switches" and commit. (no change is needed) after that whenever I close the putty, pixelserv crashes. pinging is OK but can't access web stats.

to fix this I need to run "pixelserv-tls <listening-IP>

additional info;

These switches are in use (none if none listed):
1: -f
2: -l 4
3: -o 15

I can provide you team viewer session or anyting else if it is OK for you.
The -f does that for me too. I think it's not meant to be what you think.
Don't daemonize it in the terminal.

I had to reinstall pixelserv the beta 2.0.0rc-1 entware vesrion crashed the whole ab-solution like 2 times a day, so I went with the KK and will wait the final entware when I can update through opkg

That's right. People shall not use '-f' switch if you don't know what it means.

I hope it's not me done the bad examples 'cos in my screenshots there is '-f' switch. It's there for a very different reason which I think only applies to my situation.

@Protik good to hear.

@shooter40sw Can you describe in a bit more detail how it crashes? what were you doing when it crashed?

That's right. People shall not use '-f' switch if you don't know what it means.

I hope it's not me done the bad examples 'cos in my screenshots there is '-f' switch. It's there for a very different reason which I think only applies to my situation.
So, it may be best to remove the option in AB-Solution to select '-f'.

@Protik good to hear.

@shooter40sw Can you describe in a bit more detail how it crashes? what were you doing when it crashed?

Well I cant replicate because I went back to the old KK, but version 2 rc1 was faster and more responsive until well something happend, here it goes:
I noticed the internet really laggy, but there were no ads, when I tried to go to the pixelserv stats there was no response, the browser could not get to the site, but it did not give a refused connection immediately it just tried to connect, if I killed the service the browser (Chrome / Edge) would refuse the connection.
When I logged via ssh and viewed the process via top, I could see the virtual IP of the pixelserv-tls up .
When I tried to start the ab-solution, it just hanged on checking installation state.
I was not doing anything particular, just noticed the lag on the internet I supposed the ads trying to connect to a site that just does not serve anything, because I tried also to go to http://192.168.1.3 to see if it was serving the blank page and it just hanged there also.
When I noticed this I had 2 options:
1. Reboot - everything went to normal
2. Kill the pixelserv-tls process, then waited and it started auto with another process but in a few seconds I could start ab-solution again

This happen´d like about 7 times before I decided to go with the KK version of pixelserv again and it has not done it again.
Well thats the more detailed explanation I remember, any other question Ill be happy to respond.
Thanks

@shooter40sw

thanks for the additional details. Based on your description above, I believe you ran into the same "stuck" issue experienced by @Protik @quant88 @tom-

Sadly @Protik reported not long ago that v2.0.1-rc2 stalled on him after 36 hours of run. I need to take another closer look.

I’m at 32 hours and counting on 2.0.1-rc2 with no issues and nothing out of the ordinary stats wise.

@kvic, I had to reinstall AB-solution and therefore pixelserv. The script generated a new ca.key, do I now need to replace this key on all client devices? Or did it generate the same key as before?

@kvic, I had to reinstall AB-solution and therefore pixelserv. The script generated a new ca.key, do I now need to replace this key on all client devices? Or did it generate the same key as before?

That's unnecessary hassle. I hope you had backup of your old ca.crt & ca.key.

You copy them to /opt/var/cache/pixelerv and restart pixelserv-tls. Then you don't need to re-import on all your clients.

Last edited:
shirt, need to check, wasn’t that smart, I might have the key still, but probably not the crt
Just an idea, what I do with mine is gzip the ca.crt and ca.key and keep a copy of that archive in /jffs/backup and a copy on my laptop in a documents folder that gets backed up. It’s not the end of the world to lose those obviously but it’s a hassle that’s nice to avoid. Especially if you are like me and have 8-10 devices that you’d have to import on if the keys change.

Just an idea, what I do with mine is gzip the ca.crt and ca.key and keep a copy of that archive in /jffs/backup and a copy on my laptop in a documents folder that gets backed up. It’s not the end of the world to lose those obviously but it’s a hassle that’s nice to avoid. Especially if you are like me and have 8-10 devices that you’d have to import on if the keys change.
AB-Solution has a built in backup function, it includes both the ca.crt and ca.key.