What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I figured I'd clear the cached certs (preserving my generated certs) and restart. That fixed it. My tav is back to ~50 ms.
The option to clear the cached certs is built into Diversion in ep.

The beta available through amtm was removed because it was promoted to the release channel on Entware, so no need for the special beta install anymore. Could that be what you’re thinking of?
Thank you, over the river neighbour! Yes, yes it was...I stand corrected.

Just noticed my /servstats is only showing the actual loads of that page and nothing else. (Like, everything is zeros, except for the "Requests," which increment one for each reload of that page.)

What am I missing here? lol

Edit: apparently Diversion was disabled. *weird*

does pixelserv certificate need to be installed on all devices? If I have no plans on using the webgui with port 8443, do I need to install on those devices?

does pixelserv certificate need to be installed on all devices? If I have no plans on using the webgui with port 8443, do I need to install on those devices?
I would recommend it so that when Pixelserv blocks your https ads, your browsers don’t waste time trying to evaluate an untrusted certificate it is also sending you. Browsers are getting more finicky about https so better to do it once and forget about it.

The GUI cert is just a bonus use, not the primary purpose.

I would recommend it so that when Pixelserv blocks your https ads, your browsers don’t waste time trying to evaluate an untrusted certificate it is also sending you. Browsers are getting more finicky about https so better to do it once and forget about it.

The GUI cert is just a bonus use, not the primary purpose.
thank you!

trick question, is there away to generate a Pixelserv cert and key with a custom sans listed in it?

trick question, is there away to generate a Pixelserv cert and key with a custom sans listed in it?

Code:
 echo -n "custom SAN url you want" > /tmp/pixelcerts

Find the certificate file inside /opt/var/cache/pixelserv

Use a text editor to split the file from Step 2.

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save as cert.pem

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[snipped]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save as key.pem

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
[snipped]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

Code:
 echo -n "custom SAN url you want" > /tmp/pixelcerts

Find the certificate file inside /opt/var/cache/pixelserv

Use a text editor to split the file from Step 2.

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save as cert.pem

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[snipped]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save as key.pem

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
[snipped]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----
thanks for your response for this it helped out a lot.

I just read that the latest version of PixelServ is pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Mar 22 2019). However when I installed Diversion about 2 months ago it installed PixelServ 2.2.1 (compiled Mar 20 2019). Is there a difference between the March 20th and March 22 2019 version of PixelServ?

attached is my image of PixelServ stats.

If so what would be a good way to update to the latest?

Thanks!

Attachments

• pixelservimage.jpg
    pixelservimage.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 437
I just read that the latest version of PixelServ is pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Mar 22 2019). However when I installed Diversion about 2 months ago it installed PixelServ 2.2.1 (compiled Mar 20 2019). Is there a difference between the March 20th and March 22 2019 version of PixelServ?

Thanks!
Looking at the pixelserv-tls servstats in my browser, I see:

pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: May 24 2019)

the date probably refers to my installing Diversion following a Manual and Minimal reset of the router. I suppose you you try a forced reinstall of Diversion (eg through AMTM) and see what you get but I’m sure the important bit is the 2.2.1.

Thanks!
In Diversion: ep and 6 there you have the options for Pixelserv-tls and entware upgrades ;)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, do you use OpenWRT? I've seen pixelserv-tls is compatible. Is the package located in the repo? Can you give me some pointers?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I am using Diversion Lite because when I use the Diversion Standard installation, some commercial websites do not work (example is Amazon Shopping app on Android). I've searched the forums and haven't found any clear answers on if this is resolvable; I would definitely like to give pixelserv-tls another shot, but not if commercial websites are causing issues. I am intimately familiar with white-listing domains, and have gone down that path to no avail. I'm wondering if the issue is truly one of white-listing? I've tailed the log live, and nothing indicates that any domains are being blocked when the infamous "oops, there's something wrong in our side" message appears. Don't get me wrong, Diversion Lite with some minor tweaks and SkyNet are fantastic; my network is amazing.

Is anyone aware of a workaround? Searching the forums leads to dead-ends.
Is it simply par for the course that some of the big guys (Amazon, Google, etc) are just going to have issues when running a pixelserv-tls server?

I am relatively new to Diversion, but not new to DNS sinkholing and troubleshooting. Any thoughts? Maybe I am just expecting it to work out of the box and perhaps there is something additional I should be doing (albeit I would prefer to not install certificates across the 30 devices on this network).
I recommend posting this in the Diversion thread proper.

Hey everyone, do you use OpenWRT? I've seen pixelserv-tls is compatible. Is the package located in the repo? Can you give me some pointers?

I haven't seen any updates on the status since March on the pixelserv-tls openwrt forum site. I use a gl*inet travel router with OpenWRT when I am on the road and am also interested.

@kvic, would you be so kind as to give a progress update?... If you are still working on pixelserv-tls for OpenWRT or anything? It would be much appreciated. [emoji4]