What's new

-PLS HELP- Port Speed negotiation problem 384.13_4 AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JPP PPJ

Occasional Visitor
After flashing my AC3200 with 384.13_4 PORT LAN 2 is unable to negotiate 1000FD. Below is what I have done. LAN2 is stuck in 100HD

1. I moved the cable on LAN 2 to each of the other port, LAN 1, LAN 3 and LAN 4 and it was able to negotiate 1000FD
  2. I moved each of the cables on LAN 1, LAN 3 and LAN 4 to LAN2 and every single device attached to those cables could not negotiate 1000FD only 100HD. Once I moved to their original port they negotiated 1000FD
  3. Factory Reset the router and manually configured the router - Same problem no success
  4. Reflashed the routed with 384.13_4 - Same problem no success still stuck 100HD
  5. Factory reset and used the recovery ASUS tool, firmware restoration, to upload 384.13_4 . Then used default config, I just set up password and SSID - Same problem no success still stuck 100HD
  6. SSH into the router and played with the nvram setting port#vlans to forced auto negotiation and hardcoded to 1000FD - Same problem no success still stuck 100HD
  7. SSH into the router and tried to forced the port with the robocfg command. I can disable the port, enabled it and set the media to auto but same problem no success still stuck 100HD

I was trying to use the "et" utility/command line but it seems I do not have the right syntaxsis and no information online.

It seems the negotiation capability or feature on LAN 2 is off or the port is bad which would be strange. I see also another user reporting a problem with negotiation on port connected to a ubiquiti switch, the problem seems similar.

Can some please send me or point me to et command line instructions with the right syntaxsis? or share if you have experienced a speed negotiation problem with the latest version?

I have not tried to change the version yet.

Hardware issue with the LAN2 socket. Check it for dirt, corrosion and bent contacts.