What's new

Port forwarding behind DNAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cerry

New Around Here
Hello.

I have issue with port forwarding/opening. I have AX53U with lastest official firmware.

I haven't public IP but according my ISP they forwarding 100% traffic from public IP 213.5.xxx.xxx to my internal private IP 10.202.xxx.xxx. I am paying for this fiture. Those two IPs didn't changed since two months. The router from ISP is in bridge mode. My friend have the same ISP, the same situation with IP, but he have different router and he haven't any issues with port forwarding. I read that Asus router have some issues with port forwarding from private WAN IP, but I don't know if this is true and if there is any solution for this issues.
Please advise.

So what apps/devices do you need to port forward, and maybe on what ISP too?
*In the UK with BT, on just IPv4 I get a proper WAN IP, but if I enable IPv6 I'll sometimes get CGNAT on the IPv4 WAN IP

I am from Poland. ISP Multiplay. Connection by fiber.
I want to set up VPN - port 1xxx. At begin I want to set up external access to HA port - 8xxx. According ISP they are forwarding those ports to me. I also checked ping to external IP. Ping is answering only when my router is powered on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!