What's new

port forwarding RT-AC 3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You said "invalid IP problem". In the previous post you said: "When I applied the DDNS settings I get error, "invalid IP address"".

I can't keep guessing what you're referring to when you use ambiguous terms.

My reply was the exact message I received after applying. You stated that the internal WAN IP was a problem. I'm lost as to what to do next.

Linksys WRT310N configured as WAP
I can't see anything in the manual that says this device can be configured as just an access point. How are you doing that?

If the Linksys is just an access point you must have another device connected to your network that is acting as a router. What is that device?

I can't see the WRT310N options with out resetting the router and loosing my settings which I don't wan to do. It is working fine. Currently I'm using the WiFi but plan to add a wired camera.

The screens look like the WRT610. https://superuser.com/questions/338...linksys-wrt160n-to-be-a-wireless-access-point

The WAN of the ASUS RT-AC3200, my primary router, has always existed as factory default. If I disable it, I lose all network connections.

Attachments

• wrt310n -1.PNG
    wrt310n -1.PNG
    126.9 KB · Views: 75
I still can't make any sense of your network setup. Let me ask the question in another way: What device is providing the internet connection from your ISP? This is often a cable modem or an ISP supplied wireless router.

T-Mobile wireless gateway to asus 3200 router to linksys wrt310 WAP.

Server is connected to router.

Attachments

• asusrt3200 ports.jpg
    asusrt3200 ports.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 62
Can you not obscure your local IP addresses (192.168.x.y). They are private addresses that have no meaning outside your network so there are no security implications. All you are doing is making it more difficult to diagnose your issue.

To add to the confusion you current screenshot shows internal addresses of 192.168.1.x whereas your previous screenshot had internal addresses of 192.168.2.x. So now your network configuration has changed!

T-Mobile wireless gateway to asus 3200 router to linksys wrt310 WAP.
Hopefully you really meant to say "T-Mobile wireless gateway is connected to asus 3200 router and to linksys wrt310 WAP.

So the simple solution would be to log into the T-Mobile WiFi Gateway and put the IP of the AC3200's WAN port into its DMZ (Expert > NAT Forwarding > DMZ). So now all external connection attempts with be directed to the AC3200. Your port forwarding rules on the AC3200 should now work.

If you wanted to be more selective and not forward all ports from the T-Mobile to the AC3200 you can use the Virtual Servers option (Expert > NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers) instead of the DMZ.

Unfortunately, none of those options are available in the T-Mobile gateway.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!