What's new

PPPOE relay in AIMESH not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kidd232

Occasional Visitor
1234.png

Hello everyone,

Refer to the picture, the router enable pppoe relay and it's working when PC1 & PC2 connect after the router. But when moving PC1 & PC2 after the node, I just received the pppoe 813 error code.

Since the AIMESH is not allowed to login the node's webui, is it possible to make the pppoe available for the PC1 & PC2 after the node?

Many thanks!

Since the AIMESH is not allowed to login the node's webui, is it possible to make the pppoe available for the PC1 & PC2 after the node?
The mesh nodes aren't performing layer 3 functions that would require pppoe relay to operate.
It's more likely there is a more fundamental mesh/wifi limitation here (and well above my pay grade to actually diagnose!) :(

The mesh nodes aren't performing layer 3 functions that would require pppoe relay to operate.
It's more likely there is a more fundamental mesh/wifi limitation here (and well above my pay grade to actually diagnose!) :(

In my opinion, the AIMESH node should be function same as AP mode, so I just need to enable pppoe relay in the router to allow pppoe behind the node.

I could't find the post about pppoe relay and AP mode to verify my opinion.

I’m unclear as to why you need PPPoE relay to function anywhere - isn’t the router authenticating with your ISP to provide access to everything on the mesh/network?

I see.
Now that your intentions are exposed, I don't and wouldn't expect much attention to be paid your "issue" by devs.

(If you're torrenting, consider a real-debrid subscription instead. They'll do the heavy lifting and you just DL the result, or stream from their servers. much more cost (and bandwidth) effective than a service bump from your ISP)

there is always a way...you just have to step back for a broader perspective on the problem to find the solution

looks to me like you already have dual wan - what if you use just one ISP and pay them for more bandwidth?