What's new

[Preview 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 early test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Possible bug on RT-AC1900P running Alpha 3:

When router is rebooted VPN client will not use "Exclusive" DNS on start. If you cycle the VPN client off and on, it will.

Last edited:
Why does my Download Master show ver. 9.1.0.104 while others on 86U see ver. 3.1.0.104 ?
Usually 9.. is beta and 3.. are official releases, so why do I stick on a beta and no updates are found.
I always used merlin or asuswrt and even dont know how I could load a different version, so only installed it or updated by gui USB setup, nothing done else.

PS: and thanks to delete (censoring) PM ! George Orwell is greeting you ... only 24 years later

Merlin doesn't include Download Master , if I remember correctly Merlin said you need to download it from ASUS and install it yourself.

Why does my Download Master show ver. 9.1.0.104 while others on 86U see ver. 3.1.0.104 ?
Usually 9.. is beta and 3.. are official releases, so why do I stick on a beta and no updates are found.
I always used merlin or asuswrt and even dont know how I could load a different version, so only installed it or updated by gui USB setup, nothing done else.

Download Master is downloaded from Asus's servers at install time. The RT-AC86U is a different platform with a different kernel, therefore it has a different Download Master package.

make screenshots of all pages
if you restore backup youre will have same issues as before, same as when you never have made any factory reset!

I understand that I can do a factory reset and reconfigure everything...
but for routers that I manage remotely, it's a little bit harder to do when users connected to those routers know nothing. ;-)

I will eventually end up doing a factory reset and reconfiguring everything, everywhere...
but in the mean time, I'm a little bit curious... what is triggering this "unauthorized Registration Request"?
is there a way to prevent that kind of problem from occurring?

check for beta firm doesnt work!
I can change it to search for beta enabled, then cklick firmware where I search for new (am on alpha3 now), afterwards it says no new beta found and check for beta firm is set back to NO like before, that doesnt make any sense ...
Or maybe it only shows search beta enableded but never did it in background, so it doesnt find beta and going back it shows again disabled beta search.

Seen on both 68U/86U.
Same on beta1, after search for new beta setting is reset to disable.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!