What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, is it not possible to increase the limit 2500 bytes?
AFAIK it has to come from ASUS as I think the Broadcom nvram code is now closed source (they already did a bump from 1000 bytes to the 2500 by making a 'pseudo' nvram entry in jffs).

There is a non-gui workaround by using a dnsmasq.conf.add file to do the definitions. Look at the dnsmasq man page for 'dhcp-host'

The new limit is 2500 bytes to contain all the staticlist data.
So (per entry, assuming single byte chars),
MAC=17 bytes
IP = up to 15 bytes (let's use 12 as an avg)
Hostname = up to 16 bytes (let's again use 12 as an avg)
Field separators = 3 bytes

Avg bytes/entry = 44

2500/44 = 56 entries as a typical max
Thank you @john9527 !
Would you (or anyone) have a quick CLI/script to get the actual usage so I can start trimming down to 2500 bytes?

Not sure when this happened as I was following only the AC5300 FW updates but I just realized that my OpenVPN on Android/Pixel phone didn't want to connect. Looking at the OpenVPN section, I see that we used to have links to Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android. Now only Windows is left on the list.
Yet I see IPsec VPN option now and it lists all 4 major OSes.

What's the right way to get Android phones to VPN back? Not the Android OpenVPN client?

Sorry if my on-the-go-at-the-mall searches didn't land me on the right VPN thread but I'm trying to get the VPN working so I can do a few things while away from the house.

Adding to my previous post.
QOS-mode is reset to custom at every reboot. (not only on upgrade)
AC86u

@RMerlin - Just wanted to let you know that setting up media bridge after resetting to defaults works fine in this build.

I thought it might since Asus fixed it in latest stock firmware.

Can this version be used in an aimesh environment? As I noticed that applying this version to one of the node's made that node not discoverable anymore. I tried rebooting and a power cycle start, no luck. This is occuring on an rt- ac5300

Just to add, on resetting the ac5300 back to factory and getting back into the GUI there is no option to select aimesh as part of its operation mode, I was able to confirm that this alpha was indeed the routers current firmware

Last edited:
Uploaded this firmware to my 86U and now Im getting this?

2mqmazk.png

Just curious, any thoughts about adding support for the gt-ac5300?

is it just me or is ssh disabled even when you turn it on in the gui?
I just cant get it to enable, it worked on the previous firmware 384.3.

Uploaded this firmware to my 86U and now Im getting this?

Do have SSH enabled? and if so, is it set for LAN only or LAN + WAN?

I had it setup for LAN only... dont need it on atm, so I just set it to NO

Status
Not open for further replies.