What's new

[Preview] RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100 380.57 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin, It looks like all of the ports are listed upside down. Tested on AC3100 running the 380.57 alpha3 build:

WAN in the firmware Sysinfo page = LAN 4 physical port.
LAN 1 firmware = LAN 3 physical.
LAN 2 firmware = LAN 2 physical.
LAN 3 firmware = LAN 1 physical.
LAN 4 firmware = WAN port physical.

Just hooked up my new 3100 and flashed this Merlin build so far seems to be working ok have not done mush testing yet. Merlin do you know if Asus has bumped up the TX power for the lower 5 Ghz channels ? With past routers using channel 44 always has a noticeable drop in signal output not so with the 3100 unless it just works that much better with 4 antennas. Also when i was setting it up and configuring sometime the UI would lose features and refreshing the browser (Chrome) would bring it back to normal. This router is a beast thats for sure. :D

Merlin I just took a screenshot of my Ethernet Ports according to what is being listed. As you can see, my modem isn't showing as connected under WAN like it should, and my modem isn't being shown under any of the ports currently. Currently I have my PS4 connected to LAN1, not on currently though. My PC connected to LAN2 on back of router. LAN3 I got my ADT router connected. LAN4 is currently not being used. So currently only my PC is being listed correctly connected to LAN2. Everything else is not correct, and nothing is connected to LAN4 like the screenshot I included below.

RT-AC3100 Ethernet Ports.png

WAN Not correct blank, modem isn't listed.
LAN1 Is my ADT Router that's connected to LAN3 port on back of router. Should be my PS4.
LAN2 is my PC which is actually listed correctly, but the only thing listed properly.
LAN3 nothing listed, should be the ADT Router like I listed above.
LAN4 nothing is connected, the current MAC# listed is a unknown.

Last edited:
Just hooked up my new 3100 and flashed this Merlin build so far seems to be working ok have not done mush testing yet. Merlin do you know if Asus has bumped up the TX power for the lower 5 Ghz channels ? With past routers using channel 44 always has a noticeable drop in signal output not so with the 3100 unless it just works that much better with 4 antennas. Also when i was setting it up and configuring sometime the UI would lose features and refreshing the browser (Chrome) would bring it back to normal. This router is a beast thats for sure. :D

No idea. They usually go with whatever is allowed by the FCC, so I doubt there was any increase in output power.

Merlin I just took a screenshot of my Ethernet Ports according to what is being listed. As you can see, my modem isn't showing as connected under WAN like it should, and my modem isn't being shown under any of the ports currently. Currently I have my PS4 connected to LAN1, not on currently though. My PC connected to LAN2 on back of router. LAN3 I got my ADT router connected. LAN4 is currently not being used. So currently only my PC is being listed correctly connected to LAN2. Everything else is not correct, and nothing is connected to LAN4 like the screenshot I included below.

View attachment 4890
WAN Not correct blank, modem isn't listed.
LAN1 Is my ADT Router that's connected to LAN3 port on back of router. Should be my PS4.
LAN2 is my PC which is actually listed correctly, but the only thing listed properly.
LAN3 nothing listed, should be the ADT Router like I listed above.
LAN4 nothing is connected, the current MAC# listed is a unknown.

The order is reversed on the RT-AC3100 (see previous posts in this thread). WAN should be at the bottom, and LAN4 at the top

As I don't have an RT-AC3100, I cannot confirm the correct port order (and the person who tested the initial test builds never got back to me when I asked him to confirm whether the port order was correct or not...)

Can you confirm what is the correct port order on that page versus the physical port numbers (i.e. in what order should the label be listed on the Sysinfo page)? Based on the VLAN I would assume that the last port should be the WAN, however I also need to know which ports are 1,2,3 and 4 in that list.
I just looked at my router and when you are looking at the back from left to right it goes LAN4, LAN3, LAN2, LAN1, WAN. I would agree that WAN should be the last/bottom port on the sysinfo page.

Is anyone experiencing issues with their RT-AC3100/AC88U not booting back up after powering it off and back on? Mine is only showing two solid lights on power and Ethernet, and the router does not broadcast wifi or Ethernet signals. I am running the latest Merlin 380.57 release.

Been using the AC88U for quite some time now. The only issue I've have is when backing up my recorded tv files to my 4 TB portable drive which is connected to the USB 3.0 port of the router. This action always seems to bring the NAS functionality to a halt. Wifi & local network seems ok, but I'm unable to access other files on the drive unless I do a complete reboot. I've done a quick search but haven't really found a solution. I was wondering if anyone have this similar issue and if there are any ways of preventing this from occurring. I am running the latest stock firmware which was updated on 1/7/16. Previous release has the same issue. Have not tried Merlin's firmware and prefer to stay stock for now. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
Been using the AC88U for quite some time now. The only issue I've have is when backing up my recorded tv files to my 4 TB portable drive which is connected to the USB 3.0 port of the router. This action always seems to bring the NAS functionality to a halt. Wifi & local network seems ok, but I'm unable to access other files on the drive unless I do a complete reboot. I've done a quick search but haven't really found a solution. I was wondering if anyone have this similar issue and if there are any ways of preventing this from occurring. I am running the latest stock firmware which was updated on 1/7/16. Previous release has the same issue. Have not tried Merlin's firmware and prefer to stay stock for now. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I have not experienced the issue you are having, but then again I am using Merlin's FW and maybe that's part of my problem. Perhaps the stock firmware would correct my issue. I'll try that when I get home tonight and see what happens.