What's new

problem:mouse lag cause by wireless internet connection.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kingofhearts

New Around Here
Hi, I recently moved in a new house and my computer in the basement (running through windows 7) is experiencing heavy mouse lag when it is connecting to the internet. The speed would fluctuate between 1 and 130 mbps.Unlike now, which my router is placed on top of my frige on the first floor, at my old home, there is no substantial obstacles blocking the internet connection. The router is Linksys wrt320n, adapter is Linksys wmp600n. Interestingly enough, the computer on the second floor, using the same adapter, receives 4 bars of stable connection. In addition, the mouse lag disappears when I switch the router to DLink DIR-615. So, I am just wondering if the problem I have is strictly due to the routers (internal vs external antenna) or is it something else. Thank you.

Your post was a bit confusing about the current and previous setups.

But if your router is sitting on top of a big metal box (your refrigerator) and you're trying to reach it from below and having fluctuating signal levels, I'd say you should move the router off the fridge, which appears to be causing the problem.

Do you put the DIR-615 on top of the fridge, too, when you switch to it?

I don't think it's internal vs. external antennas. It may be more orientation.
Try flipping the 615's antennas so that they are parallel to the top of
the fridge and propping the 320N up on edge to that it stands vertically.

Also don't have them on at the same time when testing.