What's new

Problem turning off XT8 LED light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosrocket

Regular Contributor
I just received the ASUS XT8 system and would like to disable the LED lights. I saw on the app under home you can toggle the light off, but this only worked on the unit I’m using as the router, the node units light remained on. I don’t see where I can choose the node unit in the app to turn its light off unless I’m missing something. is there a separate switch to toggle the node units light off that I’m not seeing?

I just received the ASUS XT8 system and would like to disable the LED lights. I saw on the app under home you can toggle the light off, but this only worked on the unit I’m using as the router, the node units light remained on. I don’t see where I can choose the node unit in the app to turn its light off unless I’m missing something. is there a separate switch to toggle the node units light off that I’m not seeing?
Using the mobile app from the Home screen click on the mesh node in the picture and LED Settings toggle will be at the top. IIRC that turns off the LED.

Thanks. I'm not seeing it so I wonder if I am missing it. When I open the mobile app it shows a photo of a single unit at the top left under the hanburger menu with ZenWiFi AX the login IP address to the right and my network name. When I tap inside that box it brings me to a screen with one unit in a circle and below that is where I find the LED settings. But that's the problem, it only turns off the light on the router, not the mesh node. I know the node is connected because if I go to the web GUI it shows the mesh node and the devices connected to it. So should I see 2 units at the top of the mobie app where I only see one? Thanks for your help with this.

Thanks. I'm not seeing it so I wonder if I am missing it. When I open the mobile app it shows a photo of a single unit at the top left under the hanburger menu with ZenWiFi AX the login IP address to the right and my network name. When I tap inside that box it brings me to a screen with one unit in a circle and below that is where I find the LED settings. But that's the problem, it only turns off the light on the router, not the mesh node. I know the node is connected because if I go to the web GUI it shows the mesh node and the devices connected to it. So should I see 2 units at the top of the mobie app where I only see one? Thanks for your help with this.
On the home screen of the mobile app you should see 3 icons near the bottom of the screen in an arc. First one is “Internet Status”, next one is “AiMesh Wi-Fi System”, and third one is “Wi-Fi Information”. Select the middle icon “AiMesh Wi-Fi System” and you will see the picture of all your nodes in the middle of the screen. Click on your mesh node (not your router node) and the LED Settings toggle will be the first one.

I wouldn't say I like devices that have no way to change or turn off the backlight. Sometimes it's very hard on the eyes, for example, when there's no main light in the room. I try not to buy devices like that. Instead, I have LED lights all over my house, the color, and brightness of which can be adjusted with my phone. I also recently ordered this tape in my car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L86JRRM/?tag=snbforums-20, which can also be controlled from the phone. It is very convenient, and I always have the opportunity, if necessary, to completely turn off the lights.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!