What's new

Problem Wifi 5Ghz with RT-AC87U in Europ

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

**DELETED**

Sorry
for my *thinking* on something I don't know about.

Please see the next 2 posts.

Last edited:
This is part of the firmware. If you can, update the firmware using an EU image - this should have the proper settings required for your region. Another issue you may run into is EU regulations for you device - EU regulations are specific to the EU and your ISP may get upset and send you a nasty letter (at best) telling you that you have a non-compliant device on your network.

This is part of the firmware. If you can, update the firmware using an EU image - this should have the proper settings required for your region.
No it isn't. There are no regional versions of the firmware, they're all the same image. The region is "baked into" the CFE at manufacturing and the firmware adjusts itself according to that.

Any discussions about circumventing a router's regional restrictions are against this forum's rules and will be deleted.

P.S. The code in post #23 won't work.

No it isn't. There are no regional versions of the firmware, they're all the same image. The region is "baked into" the CFE at manufacturing and the firmware adjusts itself according to that.

Any discussions about circumventing a router's regional restrictions are against this forum's rules and will be deleted.

P.S. The code in post #23 won't work.
Regarding the region being "baked into" the CFE, I apologize if I was incorrect on my advice about flashing to region-specific firmware.
As far as the second part of my post - that routers purchased outside the EU are not compliant with EU regulations - that is spot-on correct. So the best advice *appears* to be to purchase a new / used router that conforms to the region in which you will be using it.

As far as the second part of my post - that routers purchased outside the EU are not compliant with EU regulations - that is spot-on correct. So the best advice *appears* to be to purchase a new / used router that conforms to the region in which you will be using it.
This is true which is why I suggested it in posts #2 and #22. However people rarely listen to such advice and use their existing routers anyway. In which case it's more pragmatic to at least try and persuade them to only use allowed channels.

BTW Their ISP has no way of knowing the state of the router's WiFi compliance. However, the local radio regulatory authority (Ofcom in the UK) could investigate reports of interference and seize the device.

Hello,
I have a router RT-AC87U (chineese model) dual band but I leave in France. In China, Channels used are 149-165 but in Europ, 36-140. On model RT-AC88U, it is possible to change Country (China, Europ…) via Advanced Settings / Wireless / Professional / Frequency (5Ghz) / Country
But I don’t find that on 87U (Not Country ).
Cn u help me how to do, please ?
It's ok. I already called Macron. He will take care of that for you.
Mommy! I'm coming. See you later.