What's new

Problem with Asus RT-AC88U firmware 384.xx

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Free Kim

New Around Here
Hello

I have get problem with my routeur Asus RT-AC88U.

I resolve my problem with reboot after the problem port ( port 5,6,7,8) dont work.

But i get a new problem with wifi ou ethernet to play ou to watch youtube for example. I have many disconnect.

I think this problem come from your firmware 384.18 or 384.19, they are not stable. ( for example, i cannot play this game Call of duty on computer on ethernet or wifi)

I come back 384.17, i dont have no problem. It works directly.

I use with my modem "livebox" with Orange operator in France.

Thanks

Free Kim

Hello

I have get problem with my routeur Asus RT-AC88U.

I resolve my problem with reboot after the problem port ( port 5,6,7,8) dont work.

But i get a new problem with wifi ou ethernet to play ou to watch youtube for example. I have many disconnect.

I think this problem come from your firmware 384.18 or 384.19, they are not stable. ( for example, i cannot play this game Call of duty on computer on ethernet or wifi)

I come back 384.17, i dont have no problem. It works directly.

I use with my modem "livebox" with Orange operator in France.

Thanks

Free Kim
Did you do a hard reset after you updated to 19 . I use the same router and I don't have any problems with the firmware update, if I do have problems after an update a hard reset always seems to work

Hello
How do you hard reset ?
it exists 2 methods : button wps after reboot or this red small button.
If i understand, i must always hard reset after updated ??
Thanks

@Free Kim
Doing a reset or clean install of the fw will help eliminate most issues caused by a "dirty flash". As a practic, I always do a clean install of the RMerlin fw upon the final release.

Hello
Finaly, i get many problems with only wifi. They are not stable. If i use 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz.
I must come back to the version 384.17
I already reset or clean install ....

Check the livebox.
If you are in bridge mode , take it out of bridge mode and see if there is a firmware update.
Then check again with pingplotter for spikes from hop 1. If its bad you will see it clearly.
Get orange to change it.
The livebox is trash and it takes a very well clued up person to put another ONT in front of the Asus. Can be done apparently but not easy.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!