What's new

Problem with videocalls on WIFI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I activated QoS and prioritized videocalls, whatsapp seems to be working now and my internet speed is good. I also did a Bufferbloat test and it was also good.

Hello,

I have a problem with calls and videocalls in whatsapp when I´m connected to the WIFI in my home. When someone calls me I hear and see them but they cannot hear me or see me. If I´m using 4G data it works fine.

I have an optic fiber internet connection and this is my hardware:

Nokia G-010G-P

Router Asus RT-AC66U B1

Any idea what could be the problem? I tried deactivating the router´s firewall but it didn´t solve he problem.
Did you make sure UDP is enabled? you could also use manual QOS and custom settings to try and improve the quality of the call.

Did you make sure UDP is enabled? you could also use manual QOS and custom settings to try and improve the quality of the call.
Yes, that is what I did, i used custom QoS settings and it is working at the moment.
What do you mean with enabling UDP? If I opened any ports? I did not open any ports.

Hello,

I have a problem with calls and videocalls in whatsapp when I´m connected to the WIFI in my home. When someone calls me I hear and see them but they cannot hear me or see me. If I´m using 4G data it works fine.

Nokia G-010G-P

Router Asus RT-AC66U B1

Any idea what could be the problem? I tried deactivating the router´s firewall but it didn´t solve he problem.
page 66 E7891_RT_AC66U_Manual.pdf (asus.com)

Hello,

Nokia G-010G-P

Router Asus RT-AC66U B1

Difference between UDP and TCP TCP vs UDP - Difference Between TCP and UDP | Difference and Definition (differencebtwn.com)

These are my settings:

8.jpg

I have the same problem with an AC68-U router and last firwmare 386.2.
If I disable NAT Acceleration it works fine but limits the bandwidth. (I have 1GB symmetric).
If I enable it, the WhatsApp calls do not work (for a few seconds I can listen but they do not hear me, after 10 seconds the call is cut off).

Attachments

• LAN.PNG
    LAN.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 85
  • QOS_OFF.PNG
    QOS_OFF.PNG
    382.1 KB · Views: 93
  • WAN.PNG
    WAN.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 89
  • WAN2.PNG
    WAN2.PNG
    409.1 KB · Views: 98
I have tried to enable and disable various parameters such as:
SIP Passthrough
RTSP Passthrough
Without success, it only happens in Whataspp, the other type applications (telegram, skype, teams, etc.) works correctly.

I have had this problem for about 6-7 months, with the latests firmwares.
The provedoor of internet is DIGI is Spain

I have tried to enable and disable various parameters such as:
SIP Passthrough
RTSP Passthrough
Without success, it only happens in Whataspp, the other type applications (telegram, skype, teams, etc.) works correctly.

I have had this problem for about 6-7 months, with the latests firmwares.
The provedoor of internet is DIGI is Spain
I activated the QoS and configured them like this:
Whatsapp calls seem to be working now and It does not seem like it is limiting my bandwidth.
My provider is Jazztel (600Mb symmetric) also in Spain.

9.jpg
10.jpg