What's new

Problem with XT8 - dropping connection every 45 seconds (ish)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nigelwalsh

New Around Here
Hi folks! Having a fun challenge over the last few days. I love these routers, they are absolutely rock solid and have been performing great. Over the last 4 days though, I have had a few issues - with the network going off line then coming back up. The log keeps saying deauth/reauth and lots of other stuff I don't fully understand.

A few background info.
- I'm on Virgin Media with a brand new SuperHub 3 (replaced yesterday by an Engineer) to eliminate any issues there.
- They confirmed incoming signal is correct and consistent
- The virgin box is in Modem Mode
- I have 3 XT8, all connected via ethernet on the dedicated wired backhaul.
- I factory reset all 3 (using the reset button) and re-built the network from the ground up over the last few days
- i have c50 devices, a mix of wired/wireless etc

When the new firmware comes out, I typically keep it updated. I recall updating recently, but no immediate issues straight away, The latest version which I was on is - 3.0.0.4.386.41793 (here - https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT...i-Systems/ASUS-ZenWiFi-AX-XT8-/HelpDesk_BIOS/)

- that said, I rolled back to - 3.0.0.4.386_26044-gd8db15f on all 3 in case this was the issue. I don't recall any issues with this version at all

I'm trying to work out from the system log a number of the error messages to see if they are related. I have pasted a small section (last few mins) of the log. Should I be worried about things like the following (extracted a few things that recur regulalry)

- Feb 18 07:37:05 kernel: net_ratelimit: 799 callbacks suppressed
- Feb 18 07:37:02 kernel: _enet_arl_write_ext:L3155 Error - can't find the requested ARL entry
- Feb 18 07:37:13 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(499): eth4: Disassoc 94:9F:3E:DE:AF:A3, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
- Feb 18 07:40:24 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(482): eth4: Deauth_ind 94:10:3E:D3:68:9D, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7), rssi:0
- Feb 18 07:40:37 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(518): eth4: Auth 94:10:3E:D3:68:9D, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
- Feb 18 07:40:37 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(482): eth4: Deauth_ind 94:10:3E:D3:68:9D, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0

Any insights from more experienced folks or others that have had similar issues. Much appreciated! before the family throw me out!.

Many thanks! Nigel

Hi. I've had a lot of issues with the latest firmware for the XT8, disconnections, rebootings, dual and triple DHCP servers on a single XT8 unit - have normally 4 in a mesh. No help from Asus Support, had to roll back to 3.0.0.386_26044 firmware as well to get a stable network.

I went nuclear, the only comment from support was upgrade everything and then come back to us. I did this, pulled my entire network apart and re-built from the ground up - device by device. Its now working and the logs are not getting full of gibberish!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!