What's new

PS4 pro Nat type 1: open

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bob123456

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I'm having a not so important situation with a PS4 Pro. I'm trying to have it set to "NAT Type 1: Open" unsuccessfully.

Latest attempt, I have set the ip of the PS4. let's say 192.168.0.101 in the DMZ of the Modem/Router (Zyxel ax7501-b0).
It's connected with ethernet cable, cat6, port Lan2, and it has a static ip set. The router is 192.168.0.1.

So I had configured 192.168.0.101 there, and applied:

DMZ.PNG

Despite that, always the PS4 says NAT type 2.

PS: In previous attempts, without the DMZ, I have even tried port forwarding manually each port, and even UPNP is on. (Like these ports or whatever ports I found that seemed related:
Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480; Protocol UDP: 3074,3478-3479).

PS2: I did reboot both router and PS4 after the tests, it is always type 2.

I am just wondering why, using the DMZ, it's not "type 1 (Open)".

Any clue?
Tx in advance,

I don't think the console would get a public ip address if it's on the DMZ, I suspect it's still getting a private ip from the DHCP, just that it's not on the firewall rules...

I'm having a not so important situation with a PS4 Pro. I'm trying to have it set to "NAT Type 1: Open" unsuccessfully.

Isn't NAT Type 1 (in PS speak) or NAT Open (XBox) basically no NAT at all?

Unless one connects direct, it's going to be pretty hard to get there hooked up to a typical home Router...

Isn't NAT Type 1 (in PS speak) or NAT Open (XBox) basically no NAT at all?

Unless one connects direct, it's going to be pretty hard to get there hooked up to a typical home Router...
Well, I saw some videos of people getting a NAT Type 1 (PS4) using port forwarding, etc...

I thought the DMZ of the ISP modem/router, was somehow like that, without any NAT?

Edit: Here is another video:
It says to get NAT1, you need a public IP. It also talks about the DMZ.

Well thats what I did, I have the PS4 directly to the modem/router of the ISP, and I did set that host in the DMZ. Only that it did not work (I have a private IP, and also NAT type remains 2).

Last edited:
Zyxel replied to me. They said the DMZ feature is not for "no FW between client and internet". They said I'm meant to use the bridge mode (which is not available on my Zyxel device due to ISP custom firmware).
Also they said if I use the bridge mode, I will have obviously only 1 public IP, therefore, no other clients would connect to the internet, as the ip would be taken for the PS4.

So basically it seems not possible with my ISP and its current device(s).

I think that close the not-so-important topic anyway. I dont have much will to bother more with that.

Thanks all for the help!