What's new

QNAP posts TS-119 TS-219 pages

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just saw the QNAP TS-119 on their site and came here to see if anyone had noticed. You did three days ago. Time to hit up the QNAP reviews - this unit looks too good.

Nice!

Looking for a low cost 2-Bay min iSCSI target to dink around with. Amazing though that in just 2 bays you can get 4TB of storage.

Too bad Apple hasn't developed an official iSCSI iniator. I guess I'll use the GlobalSAN free one.

I wish they could make a 3 Bay or 4 Bay version.

Although by the time they "decide" to make one, may be 3TB HDD will already be avalible.

Hi tim hello all,

i had a first view on the TS 219 and have done a small "speedtest" comparing a ts 219 and a ts 209 pro.

feel free to asked me.

Christian

Attachments

• TS-219 Pro vs TS209 Pro II.jpg
    TS-219 Pro vs TS209 Pro II.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 424
Hi Tim

Is there any chance of a review of the QNAP TS-219 anytime soon ?

I think the TS-219 is exactly what I am after, and unless there any showstoppers from your review, exactly what I'm going to purchase.:D

cheers
Aaron

No. Not soon. I will be getting a TS-119 shortly, though.

Finally a NAS with decent performance or the performance everyone expects from NAS.

75 - 80MB/s Read

That sounds good enought for me.

I ordered the TS119 over the TS210 and am waiting for it to arrive. Thanks, as the site and forum has been a big help in making a choice. Ultimately I decided that it was better to invest in a fast cpu and more memory than to go with a similarly priced multiple bay solution.

I'm only using it for home so raid wasn't a big factor. As I have learned - raid is not a backup solution, anyway. So I will just stick to backing up to an external drive and enjoy faster performance.
________
Chevrolet monte carlo

Last edited:
i had a first view on the TS 219 and have done a small "speedtest" comparing a ts 219 and a ts 209 pro.

Christian, how did you manage to get the ATTO benchmark to run on a network/NAS drive? If I map a network drive to my TS-219P, ATTO does not show it in the drive dropdown list, but only lists local drives.